Back from Florida. Dreading WI tomorrow!

Maximus

Gold Member
Ok so after a healthy start, I decided to throw real caution to the wind. I had a Disney dining plan and decided after 4 days of boredom to stop wasting snack credits on side-salads and using them as main meal.

There is no unhealthier version of mashed potatoes than Florida-style, but none tastier.

I had my first beer in 18 months (all two of 'em)

First pizza in over a year
First white bread in 10 months
First butter in 10 months
First burger in 10 months (and fries!)
Shrimps in batter (by the dozen)
barbecues ribs
Fried chicken (folks laughed because I removed skin)

I managed several combinations of the above, but stuck religiously to diet coke (much to people's amusement).

I also had Alligator for the first time, and yes, they are tasty, very much like sweet chicken - anyone who has sampled Frogs Legs in Paris will know what I mean. I can't say whether Alligator tastes like that or as I suspect has some serious additives to make them taste un-riverfied. lol.

So, back on plan as expected straightaway, and will find out tomorrow night what the damage was. I felt a lot fuller of course, much fatter and also felt the clothes much tighter. This would be a natural feeling though - partly brought on by guilt. I really feel like I gained a stone. I sure I haven't and hope that is just panic setting in.

Whatever it is, I will get it back off. I'm also happy to re-assess my target weight and drop it by a further stone as at present I am in the high range of normal BMI.

Just got to keep telling myself, the worse it is at WI tomorrow, the more will come off the week after!

Steve

The enjoyment of the holiday which cost a pretty penny meant I made the conscious effort to come off plan rather than be miserable and waste £500+ worth of food as it was included.

I'll post the damage tomorrow!

WelcomeHome2x2.jpg

Missed you !!!

Forget what happened whilst on holiday...........it as been and gone. Just get back to where you were before you went away.

If you enjoyed yourself feel no guilt just concentrate on the now........

Welcome home Steve !!!!

Hey Mr, we missed you! Mostly coz we had no-one to bully, but glad that you had a good time.

Whatever the damage, much of it will be food weight, and going back on plan will work in much the same way as it did the first week or two you joined. I freaked my group out a few weeks back, I had a 5lb gain due to being a fricking woman and having a "heavy" food weekend, which they didnt really notice, because I was in target range anyway, so it was kinda glossed over - but then the following week I dropped 7 1/2 and people were just stumped as to how I could have managed it.

Take it on the chin and get back on plan and SW will do the rest :D

Also, FYI, flying can cause gains coz of water retention, so if thats happened, that will shift over the week too.

I went to Florida last easter, I had started SW on the 4th Jan last year. Like you, whilst I was away made a conscious decision not to stick to plan and I only gained a pound!!! All the walking around the parks counted as body magic so it may not be as bad as you are expecting. You have done the main thing in getting straight back on plan. I look forward to hearing how you do both this week and then next. I'm sure you will have any gain off in the next few weeks.

Well thanks ladies (I use the term very, very loosely;))

Yes it is done I put a line under it and back on plan.

Louise you must be useless at not sticking to plan, or not doing it properly. I managed to gain a monster 9.5lb in two weeks!!!!

A direct result and living proof of how I used to be. The huge gain is mainly because I had been so good of late.

Don't fear, I'm back on plan and if I can manage 3.5lb I will be bacjk in target range in a week. This is a great incentive as it means free classes lol.

I did hope for less of a gain than 9.5lb - especially as I had 6lb leeway, but what the hell - I made the most of the generous allowance on the Disney Dining Plan and since the holiday cost a lot, it was not wasted. My theory being I will lose 3.5lb a whole lot quicker than 90lb I lost initially.

Back on plan - that's the main thing.

At class tonight, i was even applauded for only gaining 9.5lb - that was amazing. I think they probably thought I'd contimue being 100% in Florida lol

(not so) Slim Steve;)

Well thanks ladies (I use the term very, very loosely;))

Yes it is done I put a line under it and back on plan.

Louise you must be useless at not sticking to plan, or not doing it properly. I managed to gain a monster 9.5lb in two weeks!!!!

A direct result and living proof of how I used to be. The huge gain is mainly because I had been so good of late.

Don't fear, I'm back on plan and if I can manage 3.5lb I will be back in target range in a week. This is a great incentive as it means free classes lol.

I did hope for less of a gain than 9.5lb - especially as I had 6lb leeway, but what the hell - I made the most of the generous allowance on the Disney Dining Plan and since the holiday cost a lot, it was not wasted. My theory being I will lose 3.5lb a whole lot quicker than 90lb I lost initially.

Back on plan - that's the main thing.

At class tonight, i was even applauded for only gaining 9.5lb - that was amazing. I think they probably thought I'd continue being 100% in Florida lol

(not so) Slim Steve;)

Cheeky young whipper snapper...........wash your mouth out, we are ladies and not loose ladies, though I wish I was getting the money that lot get every lunch time.

I think you will lose the weight easily and quickly Steve. I find weight put on quickly because of gluttony, mine not yours, comes off quickly and with your dedication it will be gone in a flash.

Welcome home my young friend,

hugs xxx

Cheers (unloose) ladies:p

Clearly I had too good a holiday, but 'tis dones now and looking back, I was glad it came to an end. I was looking forward to "proper" food and more importantly to prepare and cook it the way I want it. Gotta be a good sign that has!

Back