Back from my business trip

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hey all,

As some of you may recall, I went off to Worcester yesterday with work and was worried about eating food whilst away. I eventually decided to eat but to listen to my body and stop when I thought I was full...

Well, heres the update! We ended up in pizza hut :sigh: but I thought I should have a small one and just leave it at that... one slice in and I was full to bursting! I felt so full I couldn't believe it. So I put the rest in a box to take home... and then threw it away on the way out as realised I didn't need it and I wanted to get straight back on the diet so more pizza wasn't the best idea!

Anyhow, this morning we met at 06.30am in the little chef for breakfast, and i still felt bloated from last night so i just had an orange juice, and then apart from water didn't have anything til lunch when I opted for a tuna and sweetcorn sarnie on brown bread. I also treated myself to a packet of crisps :eek: but I don't regret it at all and really made sure I savoured every moment.

I have had a cup of coffee tonight with sugar in before fully going back to SSing tomorrow (cant do coffee without sugar and had rly missed it) and am now MORE than ready to re-start. I honestly, hand on heart, can say I would now rather SS than eat. It doesnt make me feel good, and I really believe that this diet has changed my relationship with food forever.

THANK YOU CAMBRIDGE!!!
xxxx

if you feel good about that well done ........but get straight back on now xxx

do i detect a hint of criticism there? no i dont feel good about coming of SS as i still feel full and bloated, but i do feel good that for the first time in my life i have stopped when full, without eating too much rubbish, and know that SS is what i WANT to be doing, not just what i NEED.

So yes i do feel good about that as i think for me it is a mega achievement.

no it wasn't criticism .............i just know how hard it is to get back on .......and how our mindset differs from person to person...............sorry you took it that way

I honestly, hand on heart, can say I would now rather SS than eat. It doesnt make me feel good, and I really believe that this diet has changed my relationship with food forever.

THANK YOU CAMBRIDGE!!!
xxxx

I'm glad you managed okay while you were away and I wholeheartedly agree with your statement above. My husband is doing atkins while I'm doing this and he's struggling. I think he's still overeating, but just no carbs. I'm so pleased I don't have to face that battle.

I think it takes retraining to listen to your body like that and you must be feeling optimistic about when you do reintroduce food now as you know you can control it.

You sound really pleased and I'm pleased for you - the psychological hurdles are the hardest aren't they?

Well Done on getting through the weekend. You'll get back onto CD easily as I think you have the right attitude.

I had a day off when I was at wedding the week before last and just enjoyed it. I had what I wanted and just got right back on CD the next day. I felt a little groggy for a couple of days but other than that I managed fine. I think a lot of it has to do with feeling in control and feeling that you've planned and allowed yourself to have what you had and not giving into temptation to have things that you didn't intend to have.

I'm not planning to do it often but I know now I can have a planned break and cope with it ok.

Keep up the good work. You're doing fab!

Tx

Oh my god you threw the pizza away!!! I bow before you!! That is fantastic and I think you should be extremely proud!! Good luck for restart ssing today, did you find you missed the packs?? I find whenever I think of coming off the diet I crave a pack!!! Sarahxx.

Hey all

Well i am now SSing again and loving it! Really did miss it and glad the bloaty feeling has now shifted. Sorry if i misunderstood your support hun-i appreciate your concern.

Really am feeling a great sense of achievement today- and yes Sarah P throwing the pizza away was not easy but i am so glad i did it otherwise i would have just continued to munch and i care about losing weight far more than i do about pizza!

Now i feel that i can control myself when it comes to food- altho i wont be coming of SSing again now as i have learned that it doesnt help me to feel good and it is unnecessary. To be honest i am actually dreading AAM now as really dont feel that i want to eat now!

:p so reverting to my copious amounts of water and tetras today- and can honestly say im glad!!

xxx

Gosh you did SO WELL. Imagine someone on SS ending up in Pizza Hut - that's cruelty!!

You did FAB and should be so proud. I know how hard trips away can be.

And to get straight back on SS after a day off is really strong. The amount you want to succeed really comes though.

I'm away this weekend in a small village in Scotland and the hotel we're staying at is known for it's food. I'm so doomed.

Perhaps we should have a sticky for people going away with work with tips on what's worked for people.

I take my packs and add them to my coffee when I'm offshore - I tell people its non lactose creamer because no one knows and it seems to work. I also say I had breakfact in my room at company things and have my shake there in instead.

Back