Back from New York!!

airgirl

Gold Member
Hi everyone, Just wanted to report i am back from work trip and managed to stick to it 100%, was tough esp when crew were eating their bacon sandwiches, picking on chicken nuggets and spring rolls...nearly lost it when they opened the chocolate brownies but i survived and feel better than ever. Am really proud of myself and for the first time ever i got off my flight full of energy and feeling lighter rather than the usual bloated tired feeling from eating junk. Weigh in tomorrow, really looking forward to it as i have no idea how much i have lost but know that i def have. Hope you are all doing well.xx

Hey Airgirl - thats FAB! If you can resist temptation on a long haul flight like that then I can surely resist temption at a friends party in 2 weeks??!!

I bet you cant wait to weigh in?!

I would LOVE to and have always wanted to be Cabin Crew! although I think I am too old now - 29! Any tips?!

:bliss:Wow you have really done well hunni, bet you are on such a high now.
Well done.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thankyou everyone, i really missed this forum while i was away. Ellen no way are you too old, i'm 28 and many girls i fly with are older than me, even women with partners and babies who do part time. It's a fantastic lifestyle so go for it if it's what you want. I decided to do this job short term and live the lifestyle, however being so insecure about my body and over weight i realised i wasn't living my dream as i have always avoided the caribbean trips out of dread of being surrounded by gorgeous girls in their bikinis and i didn't want to be the fat one hiding in the corner, so this is where my motivation is coming from. I'm sick of doing the New Yorks and Chicagos where i hide under jeans and jumpers and go straight to my room after flights while everyone else is having fun. I will get there and make the most of it and after just one week it really is looking more like a reality.xx

well done - that must have been soooo hard.

Sara

Very impressed Airgirl:party0049::party0049::party0049::flowers:

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!

Love Mini xxx

Thankyou everyone.....that flight was my trial run (only 7hours) for my 12 hour flight on Friday so here is hoping i can post Monday morning with the same achieved.x

Thanks Becky, am about to go in a min so keep ya posted.

Abz it differs from airline to airline. All airlines require you to be over 5'2 for safety reasons and some airlines do still require for height and weight to be in proportion. I work for Virgin and the rules are as long as you can walk ok down the aisle and fit safely into your harness then weight is not an issue!

Thanks Becky, am about to go in a min so keep ya posted

Abz it differs from airline to airline. All airlines require you to be over 5'2 for safety reasons and some airlines do still require for height and weight to be in proportion. I work for Virgin and the rules are as long as you can walk ok down the aisle and fit safely into your harness then weight is not an issue!

:)Hi Air Girl - that was the question I was going to ask you! I have a mate that worked for or maystill do work for Virgin and I think if I am going to do it it would be for a Long Haul Airline....although at the mo I think I would be a bit to wide!!

Well done on the flight though - thats really really good! I was naughty last night but not gonna beat myself up about it!

Where you going tomorrow? Sunnier place than here I hope!!

i just remember watching a programme about what people went through to be the height and weight that was required. it seemed like such a lovely job to have and then i thought 'well i'm never going to be between those perameters' and dismissed it. i think it's great that virgin are realistic. and you look fabulous honey. how much are you wanting to lose?

abz xx

Thanks abz, i want to get to 9st and am 12st 5lbs at the moment, i think a lot of those airline shows are quite dated and just repeated as i'm sure new discrimination laws came in but your right it is great that Virgin are realistic, we have girls and guys of all sizes, ages, ethnic backgrounds etc...so we don't have the stereotypical trolly dolly image!
Ellen it is a fantastic job like i said before, if you want it go for it...if you want any help with applying of info don't hesitate to ask. I'm off to Japan tomorrow which is great but nightmare flight. xx

well me and OH fly to denmark a lot to see his folks and friends and a lot of the crew are older women and men which i thought was great. so yeah, i probably saw something years ago and stuck with the image of it in my head, ha.

abz xx

Back