Back in the groove after my jollies!

Quak

Gold Member
Hello you lot - missed me????? Nope, thought not lol. Hello to the new faces too, hope you are coping with this diet - it really does work you know.
Think I have put on about half a stone, can't tell for sure as the scales I weigh in officially are at work and won't go there till tomorrow (not looking forward to the state of my desk I have to say). Everything in my 12's still fit I am glad to say and I had a lot of pleasure wearing a different outfit every night on holiday and looking very glam. Had a bout of Pharoahs revenge :sick0019: during the first week and it put me off eating or drinking for a couple of days which I am sure helped, and drink was not at all tempting even during the 2nd week. The main problem was that the doctor said, no meat, fish and stuff like that - stick to carbs to get yourself well again - so atkins went out of the window - but I really enjoyed my rice krispies every morning lol. Once I felt well again I did have 3 good workouts in the gym at the hotel plus I had been running before I fell ill and one day did some open water swimming when we went snorkelling and that must have burnt a lot of calories as it was very choppy and hard to keep swimming. Anyway, back on the straight and narrow today, and I have to say I am really ready for it. Just filled up my box in the kitchen with my next week's packs, had tom and basil soup for lunch. Going out to a gig this afternoon so will be doing some bouncing around and drinking lots of soda water. Wish me luck getting back into ketosis without killing anyone lol.
Bren xx

Welcome back, and yes we have missed you honest!

Glad to hear you had a good time but seem to have kept your head in the right place too - if you have put half a stone on I bet most of it's probably water and will come off again in the next week or so anyway. :cool:

We've been trying to keep the place busy while you've been away and I haven't upset anyone for oooh at least a couple of days..........:eek: :D

Nice to see you back Bren and it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday apart from Pharaohs revenge :sick0019::eek::eek::eek:

Hello! and welcome back.

just been reading your stats - crikey, how well have you done??

How brilliant is that??

Great to meet you Bren.
I will be over the moon if I can match your weekly losses :cool:

Love Myr xxx

Good to see you back Bren. Well done for getting straight back to it, that's where I went wrong last year. Hope your fantastic losses continue and your size 12s no longer fit, for the right reasons.

Awwwwwwwwww cheers guys, just had a top afternoon out and danced my socks off totally sober, I love being back in control :D
Wore some really low slung ripped jeans and my new Hard Rock tshirt from Sharm and felt absolutely brilliant, apart from having to keep pulling the jeans up lol. Felt like a real rock chick (can a 47 year old be a chick??????) even my brother in law's girlfriend did not recognise me when they arrived.
Will put some holiday snaps on my album in a bit so you can all be jealous.
Bren xx

Day 2 and quite hungry today but will keep at it with the water and I know it will pass..........................

I have put some photos on a new holiday album if you want a laugh.

Not sure about the March challenge, may wait till I am back at the weight I was before my hols and then reassess what I think I can lose for the rest of the month.

Bren xx

You Go Girl

Dance like no-ones watching

glad your back, good to see you

and good luck in getting back to it

Ok folks, not entirely sure how I did this but I am 2.4lbs lighter than before my holidays! Maybe I didn't put as much on as I thought........
Hope my maths isn't playing up lol
Bren xx

Maybe the Pharoes Revenge took more out of you (so to speak) than you thought?

Or maybe you are just making better food & drink choices now and even though you thought you'd pigged out it was mostly "good stuff"?

Dunno, but woop woop anyway.......:cool:

Wow, just read your blog! You've done SO well and I can't wait to have those same feelings of slimming down lower than I have been before which is a size 16. You're blog has really given me a determination boost!

Oh my God, did she really say she weighs LESS than when she went on holiday !!!! I think Quak has taken Mary Poppins to a whole new level. We are not worthy ! Show Off, enjoy the glory, you deserve it.

Maybe the Pharoes Revenge took more out of you (so to speak) than you thought?

Or maybe you are just making better food & drink choices now and even though you thought you'd pigged out it was mostly "good stuff"?

Dunno, but woop woop anyway.......:cool:

I was only out of action for 2 days and then the doc said carbs is the only way to go to get better, so I did, sometimes 4 courses for brekkie although my evening meals have got much smaller I think, but I did try the desserts to exhaustion just to make sure they were ok lol, so not too much of the good stuff. Think the not being able to drink was a good point in my favour, as well as going to the gym and running on the complex too. Hope it has boosted my metabolism back up a bit so that my losses go back up a bit as they had dropped quite a bit towards the end of January.

And whoop whoop indeed :D

Oh my God, did she really say she weighs LESS than when she went on holiday !!!! I think Quak has taken Mary Poppins to a whole new level. We are not worthy ! Show Off, enjoy the glory, you deserve it.

I totally refuse to change my name from Quak to Mary Poppins lol, and I am loving the showing off just in case you hadn't noticed! I have not worn clothes this small in 30 years and intend to make the most of it :D

Back