Back on Cambridge -day 2

Lexy1972

Hi guys, I'm back after a year and have 3 stone to lose :(

I'm on day 2 of SS and feeling pretty good and very motivated. I now have 2 horses and am a bit heavy for one of them so looking forward to losing a stone of the three so I can start riding him again and not leaving him to just friends to ride!!! Also looking forward to getting back into a whole wardrobe of clothes I haven't worn in a year!!!!

Good luck to everyone else x
:)

Hey I'm restarting to with 3st to lose too. First day was today and got through it ok with the help of a busy day at work. Lost over 2st last year but didn't quite make it to goal before putting it back on - so fingers crossed this time. Good luck to u too

Yay! I have just finished day 2 also!! Was So hungry at work this afternoon I could of cried :( but glugged the water and actually over the day today I have drunk 4 litres!!! My 3rd and very last attempt at this!!!!!

Also just tested for ketosis and I'm in the pink!!! Horrah!! Could of whooped really loud!!! :)

Here's to day 3 :) have a great day tomoz :) xxx

Xxxxxx

Well done u. Keep up the hard work. It is so hard at times but a great feeling when u complete a day. Here's to a another good day tomorrow

You did it before and you can do it again Lexy!
Good luck :)

I'm into day 2 today, not feeling particularly hungry but had a really bad headache last night. Weighed myself this morning n I've lost 3lb. I know that will just be water but it's great to see the scales going down! Do you weigh yourself to keep motivated or are u just waiting till u see ur CDC?

Hello everyone, well day 3 today and feeling pretty good, bit lightheaded and a bit sick but not hungry so would hope I'm heading into ketosis and will start to feel better and better. I definitely couldn't get through it without 3+ litres of water a day!

I weigh myself every couple of days to start with as I find it really motivational but TRY to cut it back to just my CDC weigh ins after the first couple of weeks!

Off to see the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo straight from work tonight to keep distracted then schooling my horse tomorrow evening :)

Hope you are all doing well..... xx

Almost at the end of day 2 n the headache is till there. I'm not overly hungry but I'm really really craving food. I think it must be psychological cos it's not like I'm starving, I just want to chew something. I won't give in though!! Only 45 days until our wedding eeekkk!!

How is everyone else doing today? How long should it take before the cravings n headaches stop n I start to feel normal again?x

Sounds like you are doing really so far hun! When's your weigh in?
Enjoy the film tonight and let us know how it was ;)

Mrsbature the headaches will pass in a day or so, take some pain killers if you need to and keep drinking all your water. Alot of people get the 'ketosis high' when they go in and feel great and full of energy so that's something for you to look forward to after those horrible headaches pass!

The film was brilliant, really recommend it!!!! I take a couple of paracetamol for the headaches but they do pass and I can't recommend 3 litres of water enough, make sure you sipping all through the day as that helps! So start of day 4 for me today and feeling good :)

Weigh in is Tuesday morning and I'm really excited as according to scales at home I've lost 6lbs so far in 3 days :)

Keep going guys....... We can do this xx

Well done Lexy thats great!! You'll have to keep us updated once you weigh in.

Im on day 3 now and although I don't feel like I'm on a "ketosis high" yet, I am feeling better than I was on day 1 and 2. Just trying to drink loads and not think about food.

I got weighed on my scales this morning and I've lost another 2lb so 5lb in 2 days. I'm hoping for 10lb off by Tuesday evening (my weigh in with CDC). Not sure if I'm expecting too much though as it's my hen party on sat so I'll b drinking n prob eating. Going to try n stick to vodka soda n lime and if I do eat anything try to go for a chicken salad or something else that's low in calories n carbs xx

You need to come out of ketosis if you are going to drink otherwise it can be VERY dangerous! You could go into a coma or even die, and I'm not exaggerating! Although some people get away with it I wouldn't recommend it or do it myself. If you do come out of ketosis Saturday it will slow your loss as well though.

There's some more info here : http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

You need to come out of ketosis if you are going to drink otherwise it can be VERY dangerous! You could go into a coma or even die, and I'm not exaggerating! Although some people get away with it I wouldn't recommend it or do it myself. If you do come out of ketosis Saturday it will slow your loss as well though.

There's some more info here : http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

You beat me to it Krissy :)

If you're going to be drinking on Sat night mrsbature you'll need to start eating now. You don't have to eat loads, just enough to get out of ketosis. Some egg on toast should do it.

I went to a wedding 2 years ago, I had a dinner the night before and a good breakfast that morning, had a good drink and was absolutely fine. Found out a week later I was pregnant :eek: anyway, it doesn't have to wreck your diet but you need to be very careful xx

Thanks for your messages about drinking in ketosis. That is scary stuff! I mentioned my hen party to my CDC n she didn't say anything, just that I shud stick to vodka so I don't come out of ketosis. She might not even know about this, if she doesn't it's bad that CD aren't giving them proper training.

I has a ww shepherds pie last night, I've had a shake for breakfast n will have one for lunch. I'm planning on having grilled fish n cous cous for tea then I'm going to eat normally but healthily tomorrow. Hopefully this should be fine.

I got weighed this morning n although I haven't lost anything after eating last night, I haven't put any weight back on! I'll b happy if I can just maintain today n tomorrow then start CDC again 100% on Sunday x

Sounds fair enough hun, you can't let the diet take over your life and stop you from doing the things you want too (besides binging that is!). And you are being sensible enough by choosing to eat healthily and not pig out just for the sake of it.

My CDC didn't mention the dangers either so it's lucky I found this forum really.
Have a great night at your hen do thou :)

Back