Extra Easy Back on Plan after 12 months

Hi Folks

I am new to the MiniMins Forum after googling for some Slimming World advice, and realised what a fabulous support place this is.

I am back following the Slimming World Plan although I haven't rejoined a group. To share my story so far, I started slimming world in May 2012 at 12st 8lb, at 5ft 1inch, I was size 18/20 and feeling very uncomfortable. I set a target of 9st 4llb and started my journey and with determination and some creativity I lost continuously and reached my target by Dec 12.

At reaching my target I realised that I could afford to go down a few pounds and and adjusted my target to 8st 13lb, I reached that within a couple of weeks and started maintaining.

I did this successfully for several months and all was well. In August 2013 I had to have major surgery and had a full hysterectomy and large fibroids removed, Melon and Grapefruit size, this resulted in my weight dropping about a further 6llbs.

I lost the will to eat sensibly, in fact I seemed attracted to every fatty comfort food I could get my hands on, including some I wouldn't have ate before.

Now of course I have put weight back on and I'm back up to 9st 8lb and my clothes are tight on me. So I'm going for it! I hopefully will get back to my 8st 13lb in a month with help and support from you all. And at the same time support people who are new to Slimming World.

We are stronger together!

Great to see your getting back on track after such a hard time!! Best of luck xx

Best of luck hun not much to lose you will be back to normal in no time

Thanks both

Today has been a good day and I've stuck to things quite well.
Started with brekkie, Apple banana & orange chopped up smothered in Muller light yoghurt.

Lunch Chicken and herb low fat super noodles, packet of ham, salad, still hungry so had a scrambled egg with cottage cheese.

Another apple at 3:30

Dinner was home made burgers (slimming world recipe spiced up with a scotch bonnet chili) Salad and baked beans.

Just going to have my high fi bar as a healthy extra.

Already starting to feel better.

Remember 1/3 super free and make sure your salad fruit. An veg are big portions....well done for day 1

Well I am still sticking with it and actually feel considerably better for not eating so much junk, although I fell off on Saturday at a party and used all my syns on a few (and the rest) Jack Daniels. Sadly after having the JD a large cheese board seemed like a fabulous idea. However I have got straight back on.

Elvisfan how well you know me already lol, I am not a lover of fruit and veg, but I am making the biggest effort ever to have my 5 a day. I managed to lose on EE initially with similar portions, but you guess right it isn't alway a 3rd of my plate.

I so love my fish and meat and pasta and potatoes, I frequently end up eat veg or fruit because I have to.

Anyhow - today has been a good solid day, no cheating, although did eat a tin of Ocean Rise tuna in chili sauce which was well hot (lovely though), thinking it was free but I know don't think it was. Ah well that will be my syns for today.

Tracey we could be twins....until i started SW fruit and beg very rarely passed my lips...and i mean rarely!!! Chiili is good revs up your metabolism so dont worry about that too much.I'm with you on the JD and cheese too lol!! Nom nom

i try to take less pasta rice and potato with each meal and add a bit more salad or veg....little steps!!! Just keep going you are doing well

Well I am still going, and ramping up the fruit and veg. My poor body hasn't got a clue whats going on.

I had my quota of JD on the weekend but managed to avoid the cheese board this time. I am pleased to say that I have shed 2 lbs, even with my slips. I am even toying with the idea of exercising to get my stomach muscle back where they should be. Its been a year now since my op, but still find it uncomfortable, but maybe if I stop using that as an excuse it will not be so uncomfortable.

Lowfat super noodles are lovely!

Well done hun!!!! Keep plugging away

Back