Back On SlimFast

CoCo

After endless dithering and reading that I should avoid soy then reading that there is no need to avoid soy, and discovering soy is in the bread I eat every day and a few more things, I have decided to try SF again. I nipped to Tesco and it's on buy one get one free, but only got Strawberry left so I got two of those.
I read I shouldn't eat cabbage or broccoli or have tea or coffee, coca cola or alcohol, I think I will stop looking or I won't be able to eat anything,lol:D
So here I go, another shot on SF, here's hoping I don't get any tummy problems.

Hi CoCo,
Both the soups and smoothies are free from soy. Are you allergic to soy or is it that you have read that people with an underactive thyroid should avoid soy? If your doctor has told you to avoid it then I would, otherwise I eat normally.
I have underactive thyroid and have never been told to avoid soy. I have been on SlimFast 4 weeks now with no problems. If your thyroid is controlled with medication it should be functioning the same as everyone else. No idea where the soy comes in :confused:
Don't know if that helps but hope it does
BL

Thanks for you reply. I have read that if you have an under active thyroid you should avoid soy, and have read loads of other stuff that has really confused me,lol:D
I mentioned to my doctor last time I went that I was going to start Slimfast and he didn't say anything about me not using it.
I think I should stop reading stuff on the net so much:character00148: 'cos I read one thing then another and then don't know whether I am coming or going!!:confused:
I am on 75 mcg a day, and am stabilised, but it took a while to get to the right level.

Sf for me starts tomorrow, got my tins in the cupboard ready:D

Oh the internet can be so confusing! If your doctor hasn't said anything I would see how you get on. I would have thought that if your thyroid levels are normal, any symptoms should have been alleviated :confused: If you find the soy is having a bad effect then try the soy free options. The SlimFast website is quite good for dietary info and answers and faq you might be wondering about. If you do get side effects check on there to see what they say as they may be quite normal and not connected to the thyroid.
HTH
BL x

Back