Back on the switch wagon

donna88

Gold Member
After a manic few years; some good some bad.

I have gained 2 and a bit stone back after losing no much more than that and maintaining my target weight for over a year.

I finally seem to have the motivation back and am hoping being back on minimins will help with that.

In the past 2 weeks I've lost 3lbs; bringing me to 11 stone exactly. (I've always been a slow loser so trying not to let 1 lb losses get me down)

I'm celebrating every loss :D so now I want to lose exactly 2 stone to get me back to my 9 stone target.

I also want to start trying for a baby in around April may time, it would be great if I was at target before then but as I can lose slowly I'm not holding my breath.

I do have a skirt I need to fit into for a wedding in April, and I will get into it. I'm fed up of feeling big and bloated I want the slim me back.

I am following sw from back when did it before as I can't afford to go to group so I apologise if I get some of this wrong

Today is ee

Breakfast - rice pudding (homemade by boiling the rice with water and a bit of sweetener. Mixed in with muller light and some berries)
Lunch - sweed and carrot soup
Tea - chicken casserole with mashed potatoes and plenty of veg
Snacks - lots of fruit; crabs ticks and heb kellogs chocolate delight cereal bar. Hea skimmed milk in drinks

Welcome back! :D

:eek: just noticed my signature.... I wish I was back at 10 stone 2... oh dear. Better change it again

today is going well, haven't had syns or HEB yet.... maybe should have had them earlier

Looking forward to following your progress! What rice do you use for the rice pudding? Sounds nice! x

HI Donna very envious of you being 11stone :D, id be dancing like a fairy in the woods if I was that light, i'm back after a few years away.
Following my own eating plan which is just to be sensible.
Always up for support or getting some support as we all have those off days. Congratulations on the 3lb lose a great start :)

Thank you both,

So glad I decided to come back on here, it helps having people to chat to and vent with. Hopefully we can progress together :)

The rice I use is just plain pudding rice. tesco is the only place around me I can get it. I used to have it as a snack when on the plan before, but while I was there they changed the rules so you could only have it as part of a meal. I ignored it then lol and still lost but this time round I have only had it as part of a meal as it makes a fab breakfast for work days as I have it all ready made up, husband just puts the made up rice in the microwave for a minute and then adds the yogurt and fruit for me. So easy

I'm as you so pleased I've come back in here, 1 reason I spent so much time on Facebook which brings no motivation what so ever , and was destroying my eye sight and expanding my arse. So that's a massive benefit to me and the 2nd being I also feel like I've come home, as I've been lost myself not only with weight and fitness but mentally and spent along time in other peoples journeys, I got swept along being somewhere I never really wanted to be.
I'm now back on my own road and Minimins has totally guided me back to the task in hand, and I'm just so grateful that I was here before and meet some lovely people along the way. When i do Rice I do a large casserole pots worth in my steamer and dish it out over three days, such an easy fix munch. :D

:) its fab isn't it

well today has gone well, syns on chocolate, hea philli light in a sw carbanara and heb a kellogs chocolate delight. Everything else free food. Looking forward to next WI as really hoping to see a 10 something on the scales.

That's true

I'm so mad at myself as I started gaining weight a few months before my wedding... so I don't feel I look my best in my wedding and honeymoon pics and then it was all a downward spiral from there. I think it finally hit me that if I don't start again now, I never will. I was so much happier before and I love the slimming world meals, I actually prefer them to what we were eating so it's a no brainer really.

Yes I find it hard to understand how the body doesn't naturally just want what's best, but we are up against a lot of chemical and modern day intervention in almost everything on the shop shelves. Natural is the best way forward. I'm not on SW I''m just conscious eating. There's so much pressure on a bride before a wedding and I sure you looked absolutely stunning, I can see why people feel that way for their weddings but truth is you were the bride. At a size 12,14,16,18,20?? you were the lady with a man saying how much he loves and cherishes you. Nothing can take that away :D

Another good day today, had a shocking day at work so pleased I didn't cave and go off plan-although it did mean I came home later than expected and I couldn't be bothered to do my exercise and I had decided today I was going to start. Might aim for at least one work out over the weekend and then start trying for 3 or more in a week next week.
Last time I was trying to exercise at least 5 times a week and although I was managing it, I'm not sure if maybe I'm better off starting off a bit slower. 3 seems a bit more manageable and easier to keep up. I can always do more some weeks if I feel like it

Another good day today, had a shocking day at work so pleased I didn't cave and go off plan-although it did mean I came home later than expected and I couldn't be bothered to do my exercise and I had decided today I was going to start. Might aim for at least one work out over the weekend and then start trying for 3 or more in a week next week.
Last time I was trying to exercise at least 5 times a week and although I was managing it, I'm not sure if maybe I'm better off starting off a bit slower. 3 seems a bit more manageable and easier to keep up. I can always do more some weeks if I feel like it

Well done for not Caving , its the outside waves that seem to knock everyone over when they are trying to get on a better mind frame, so shut those shutters and lock the hatches :D

I've not started exercising yet as I started this with the worst Flu ever that's still knocking me a bit 14 days in, but what I've kind of always known and realised is, if I sit on the floor ( which I always attracted to) then when i'm watching a film I end up with legs in the air, stretching, doing side raises. Its really strange as I don't on the sofa but I grew up lounging on the floor and ill sit anywhere i'm allowed to on the floor rather than a chair. Its subconsciously while i'm immersed in a movie so its all good, not quiet exercise but tis movement. :D

You are right it is all movement. haha

I am quite active at work, up and down stairs and walking about a lot, so that's one thing. Although I would like to do some more stretches, weights and a bit of proper cardio at home

You are right it is all movement. haha

I am quite active at work, up and down stairs and walking about a lot, so that's one thing. Although I would like to do some more stretches, weights and a bit of proper cardio at home

Go on pop a film on , I always remind my self of a polar bear larking around in the Zoo as that is realy what I get upto, legs on the sofa, body up the wall, I should film it and put it on You tube :D

Busy today, still a little stressful but I finally got a parcel I have been waiting over a week for (last week the delivery driver left it in our meter box and it went missing.... so when it was sent again I sent it to a friends house instead) inside was a beautiful dress and stunning skirt. Both size 10. When I was at my smallest I was a size 8, so hoping 10 will be good for when I've lost a little weight and also that they will still look nice when I'm at target as it's only one size up and I think they're pretty small sizes. *fingers crossed anyway*

I'm not sure if they fit yet as haven't tried them on, waiting until I've had a shower. I might try them on this weekend or wait until I've lost a little more weight. Not decided yet. But like I say they are beautiful so it's good motivation for sticking to the diet as I really want to do them justice when I do wear them.

Today so far so good, I had my usual rice pudding for breakfast, with banana. Fruit and a boiled egg as snacks, then mackerel and pasta salad for lunch. My husband is currently cooking us some slimming world Bombay potatoes and a curry... it smells lovely

Tomorrow we're trying a recipe using oats as a HEB to make some pancakes for breakfast. Not sure how they'll turn out but I'm open minded about it, going to have mine with natural yogurt and berries.

Back