Red Days Back on the wagon!

Gruffalo

Hey there everyone, hope I'm posting in the right place! I kept coming across this website when I was Googling syn values so I decided to join!
Here's my story... Started SW back in May '08 and lost an amazing 7st in a year! So easy to do and seemed to fly in. So why am I here? I fell off the wagon. And no matter how much the wagon slowed for me to get back on, I kept tripping on the darn wheels ;)
I ended up putting 3(ish) stone back on, and am really cross with myself for letting that happen! I knew WHAT I had to do, it was just getting the determination to ACTUALLY DO IT!!
BUT, I AM going to do it this time. I've promised myself :cool:
I can't go back to a SW class though, as I have 3 children and no sitter. I know I could bring them to class, but I used to like the support of the 'talk' after the weigh in. So hopefully I will get the support from you guys! Already I am inspired, just by having a wee look at the posts, and the pictures of some of you. Fantastic!
So, stop by and say hi....TTFN :D

Hello and welcome! Love your name- my job is childcare, I'm a nanny and previously nursery worker so could tell that story without needing the book haha! Good luck and hope you find the support and encouragement you need here. I go to group each Monday but wouldn't be without the forum. I find that when I'm tempted to stray off plan its the thought of having to admit it on here on the 100% thread that keeps me in check rather than thinking "what will my consultant say". Hope you are finding your way around ok xx

Hiya Gruffalo! Another 'back on the wagon-er' here too! It's only now that I'm able to get to a class (thanks to some very helpful neighbours offering to babysit my 12 and 6 year old) so I know where you're coming from. I'm a fairly new member to minimins as well, but the amount of help and advice and friendliness on this site seems to be staggering, so I'm sure between all that and a healthy dose of determination you'll hit your target before you know it!

Best of luck! Estelle xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

From one 'wagon fallen off-er!' to another - we can and will lose the weight this time! Good luck on your journey xx

Thanks for the replies guys, (ooo, that rhymed!) it feels good to have the support from fellow slimmers again. I have missed that.
Too many people I know tend to be 'nice' and say "There's nothing wrong with you!" which is ok, but SO not what I need! I need a kick up the backside every now and again so I'm giving you guys FULL authority to do so ;)
Weighed myself earlier on and since last Monday I have lost 5lbs!! This makes me (gulp, still hate telling my weight, even though it tells you on my stats...) 15st1lb! So very nearly into the 14st range, that will be a mental milestone reached :D

Working my way round the site ok, if I get lost at all, I'll just holler.....

Thanks for the replies guys, (ooo, that rhymed!) it feels good to have the support from fellow slimmers again. I have missed that.
Too many people I know tend to be 'nice' and say "There's nothing wrong with you!" which is ok, but SO not what I need! I need a kick up the backside every now and again so I'm giving you guys FULL authority to do so ;)
Weighed myself earlier on and since last Monday I have lost 5lbs!! This makes me (gulp, still hate telling my weight, even though it tells you on my stats...) 15st1lb! So very nearly into the 14st range, that will be a mental milestone reached :D

Working my way round the site ok, if I get lost at all, I'll just holler.....

I find a good thread to be part of is the "Xst trying to get into Xst" ones on the "through the stones to your zone" sub forum. everyone in each non maintaining stone bracket supports each other to get below the elusive next number! was great for me as although i didn't have that much to lose, it passed through a change in the first number which was a big goal for me. xx

Ta, I'll go and check that out x

Ahhh I think we all have fallen off that wagon many a time - I fall off it quite regularly and keep climbing back on. Obviously as I am slimmer now and like my body more, it's easier to get my leg up, so as to speak lol x

Lol, I now have visions of me on a circus horse, jumping off, running alongside it, then hopping back on again! Of course, it would have to be a shire horse or else....
:deadhorse:

Back