Back on track!

milli

I am one week 3 (2.5 weeks in) and was very very very!! disappointed to lose only 1.5lb in week2 after losing 11.4 in week 1.
My LLC was very supportive and asked me to go in this morning for a midweek weigh in and I have lost 4lb since Monday!:D
Pheww - I was starting to think I was the only person that LL was not going to work for.
I was still determined to carry on even if I had not lost today however it is very disheartening so I was relieved this morning and am now on a high and raring to go.
Anyone just starting out on this journey should not be under the impression that everyone will lose a certain amount each week and it can be very hard when you are the one that loses the least in your class!
But in my case it has now picked up and I am very happy, I have been logging on every night reading everyones stories and keeping myself motivated so thanks everyone.

Lorrainex

Well done you for sticking with it through the disappointment.

We all have slower weeks sometimes. I even gained a half pound last week despite continued 100% abstinence. For myself, I have noticed a definite trend around totm with a couple of weeks usually lower losses. Don't get hung up on the numbers, just believe and know that you WILL lose the weight if you stick to the rules. xx

Thanks Thin inside
I was very positive still even though I had not lost as much as I would have liked.
I do think my fluid retention had something to do with it however I think my LLC was suspicious that I was not sticking to it!
I was however 100% commited and would never touch anything I shouldn't I am not hungry or tempted at the moment.
I joined Curves gym for women today too so I am on a roll at the moment.
How did you manage to lose yours and stay on for so long, I am concerned that I am going to Dubai with my OH and friends at end of November leaving girls at home and I am not sure I will be able to follow plan there!
Lorraine x

Well done on your losses so far, and it sounds like you have a great attitude to LL so you're going to do very well!

And you're right, we all have odd weeks where our losses arn't what we'd like, but what's important to remember is that it *will* come off in the end :)

hi there
glad you are feeling better about things
stick with it, its so worth it!
daisy x

Thanks Thin inside
I was very positive still even though I had not lost as much as I would have liked.
I do think my fluid retention had something to do with it however I think my LLC was suspicious that I was not sticking to it!
I was however 100% commited and would never touch anything I shouldn't I am not hungry or tempted at the moment.
I joined Curves gym for women today too so I am on a roll at the moment.
How did you manage to lose yours and stay on for so long, I am concerned that I am going to Dubai with my OH and friends at end of November leaving girls at home and I am not sure I will be able to follow plan there!
Lorraine x

Sheer determination and a focus on the end of the journey with lots of small targets to tick off along the way. That way I feel I am constantly achieving and being motivated by each target I achieve and really wanting to make the next one just a few pounds away.

I have not eaten any real food since I started my LL journey and have survived holidays, my sisters wedding, many, many meals out and weekends away with friends, work meetings and evening events etc etc. I always make sure I have my four packs a day and at regular times as far as possible. I am tempted more and more by food, but am very determined to complete my journey, however I have set a deadline for starting RTM by 23 Nov. That will help me focus on staying 100% abstinent for the remaining time, one day at a time, keeping focused on achieving the mini-goals along the way.

Be determined. You can enjoy yourself in Dubai and remain abstinent - absolutely you can. Take your packs with you and I'm sure you're friends will be supportive. If they aren't then question if they are interested in what is best for you, or feeling better themselves. People often feel bad about eating in front of me, but it is more about them than me. I have no problem just drinking coffee, water and eating a bar when out.

For me, 100% for the whole time is the only way.

Good luck with your journey. xx

Thanks everyone for your support, I have been weighed twice since and lost 4.4 and 5.7lb so I was just panicing I think!
This is definitely worth it and I do not find it hard at all at the moment.
I am really looking forward to my trip away and I am determined I will be abstinent.
Everyone on here are such an inspiration and I would advise any new starters to spend time on here and get advic from all the experienced LLers.

Millix

Good on you Milli! You're doing well so far - sometimes losses are smaller for no reason but as t_i has said have your packs, drink your water and it will come off in the end

Thanks everyone!
Onwards and upwards (or weight downwards !)
xx

Back