Back on Track!!

dreamslim

Silver Member
Ok, so I joined Slimming World for the 3rd time in March 2011 and in the first 5 weeks I lost 10lbs, I then went way off track and over the last 3 weeks I have put on 7 lbs :( :cry: I'm not deterred though, it was a good 3 weeks and at least I lost 10lbs before putting on the 7lbs, if I hadn't joined SW I would have been 7lbs heavier again!!

I know we're not SUPPOSED to talk about weight really but I weighed 13 stone 2lbs when I joined and at only 5 foot 3 inches that is a lot of excess weight. If I hadn't joined slimming world then today I could be weighing 13 stone 9 pounds, as it stands I weigh 12 stone 13 and a half pounds, an optimistic way of looking at things. :)

I have created a menu for this week, will need to go shopping tomorrow though and have arranged a trip to the gym tomorrow - first time in 8 weeks. I will be trying to go to the gym 3 times a week but on days when I'm in work, if I'm not going to the gym, I will be going for a 30 minute walk when I finish work BEFORE driving home coz if I go home then I don't want to go back out.

Wish me luck and I'm going to try and keep this blog to try and motivate myself during the harder times. :)

Xx

Good luck on your journey dreamslim, I need to get to the gym too lol I'll have to give myself a good kick up the backside, stay strong Boo xx

hey, well done for getting back on track!! and well done for committing to the gym!! but remember that you might stay the same for a while if you're exercising a lot aswell, so just keep at it!! x

Thanks both, really appreciate the support. I'll bear the sts point in mind as well but it's about how I feel and how I look more than how much I weigh so as long as I keep feeling better and better then I'll be acheiving my overall goal!! :)

Thought I did really well but ruined it at the first hurdle when I had an Oreo Cookie Snack Bag. I couldn't find them on the website but I know that oreo cookies are 2 syns a cookie so thought the bag would be about 6 syns, I was wrong :(
I've now had 17 syns today and am actually really gutted. Does anyone think that if I just have less syns tomorrow it might balance it out, I know strictly speaking that's not supposed to be the way it works but I really wanted to well this week and feel I may have blown it day one!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your fresh start- ive often fallen into the trap of underestimating syns! I'd just start again- I'm so much better at giving advice than taking my own. I'll look forward to reading your posts we can try and stay on the straight and narrow all together you've certainly got the right attitude I don't want to think how much bigger i'd have gone xxx

I've now had 17 syns today and am actually really gutted.

i wouldn't worry too much about it, it was only 2 syns over, and you didn't realize! just as long as you get back on the plan the next day, fingers crossed it'll be ok!!! x

Thanks, had 12 syns yesterday so feel a bit better about it. Felt really hungry all day yesterday so snacked on apples, mullerlight yoghurts, aldi lamb shank (free) and drinking plenty of water. Seems weird that I can do that and still (hopefully) lose weight. Lol.

I know exactly what you mean when you see how much you can have I find it's so different from ww which i've followed before where I've been counting everything and working out what i could 'afford' to have I always found that when it came to between a packet of crisps and an apple being the same points on old ww that I don't ever remember choosing an apple- i know that sounds horrendous! Any way it sounds like you have really taken control well done x

Wow, were they really the same points? That's why I struggled when I (briefly) tried ww, I would usually run out of points pretty early on. I had quorn spaghetti and balls today for lunch, slimming world Kiev for tea and 45 mins at the gym. Would be a perfect day if it wasn't for the 4 teeny mini muffins, I need to check the syns but I'm pretty sure ill be ok. Feel good about it anyway.

what it was the lot fat brand and i swear to you because i remember my mum saying well they might be the same points but an apple is healthier i knew all my points but when i slipped up i went into free fall for me it was how much rubbish can i consume I'm ashamed to say I know people bandy the term lifestyle change but that's what i feel sw offers. don't worry about little slip ups you have the right attitude my slip ups can lead to a several days worth but that's another story for me with this it's been a case of oh okay i've had this but back on plan and with the exercise it'll all move in the right direction xx

Thank you, that is what I'm hoping will happen. I don't feel particularly confident about my week yet but hopefully if I do ok on the scales it'll make me feel better. At the mo I think I'm still feeling the punishment of the gain but keeping the goal in the forefront of my mind. This site has been invaluable towards this so fingers crossed for Monday :)

well you certainly seem focused- i've joined a couple of exercise groups on here to keep the motivation up because if i say i will do it over a certain amount of time by myself i prob wouldn't get it done but with these groups on exercising challenges i'm like when i do a hour i most record and you get to see how other people are doing- anything that helps can't be a bad thing x

patches1 said:
well you certainly seem focused- i've joined a couple of exercise groups on here to keep the motivation up because if i say i will do it over a certain amount of time by myself i prob wouldn't get it done but with these groups on exercising challenges i'm like when i do a hour i most record and you get to see how other people are doing- anything that helps can't be a bad thing x

Thanks, I'm trying to be focussed, nowhere near perfect but I'm just happy I know if/when I mess up. Had lovely slimming world fish and chips tonight, very nice, got a bit of a sweet tooth at the mo though, may have apple, splenda and creme fraiche.

So the plan for today is fruit and toast then off to the gym with my friend/evil workout partner, lol, she text me yesterday saying the hard work begins today *gulp*. Home then for scrambled eggs, low fat sausages and lean Bacon followed by rugby and then syn free burgers for tea. Bit worried bout the night coz I've got nothing to do and that's usually when I eat for the sake of it so may also make a huge batch of syn free chips to keep me going.

Your food sounds yummy I find it certainly makes a difference- hope your time at the gym is very productive xx

The slimming world Bacon double cheeseburgers are beautiful, highly recommended. Had a good hour at the gym and gave myself a bit of a push. Next trip, Tuesday.

i know why does the idea of weigh in fills me with terror at times! x

I know, I don't whether I'm more terrified when I've tried hard or had a week off. I think I'm more nervous coz ibe tried but also have to bear in mind that 2 pretty intensive gym sessions may mean a sts. If that is the case though I may be on the scrounge for motivation from everyone on here :)

Back