Back to abstinence after talking to LL Counsellor

Kenj

I popped in to chat with my lighter life counsellor this evening as I have had a bad week on the route to management.
We have agreed that My mind cannot get used to controlling portions and keeping to food lists.

I am going to do 4-5 weeks of abstinence for may and try and re-educate my subconscious to learn the skills of choosing the right foods and choosing not to eat the wrong foods.
This is easy for me on abstinence.
I have found the route to management to be incredibly difficult due to 30 years of never controlling what I eat.

No idea which smillie to use.
Happy that I am back on phase 1.
Furious with myself that I can't control my eating - it should be easy but it isn't

End of rant - I'm new here but loving it - thanks

Good for you! You WILL get there in the end, and it sounds like you're taking the sensible approach. Have you tried reading GIllian Riley's "Eating Less - Say Goodbye to Overeating"? You can get it on Amazon and I found her argument and her practical tips for dealing with food addiction absolutely invaluable!

I'm also a huge Gillian fan. I'd highly recommend it for anyone re-introducing food. It's just amazing, common sense wisdom.

I go and but it now

I really appreciate the positive comments.
This comunity rocks.
The more facets of support I can get the better - I'm sure most people here know this but being a guy I never ask for help cause I'm supposed to know the way:)

I think you will find that this place is a great support, I think it has made a lot of difference to a lot of people. Sometimes doing these things can be quite a lonely experience, but on here you really do have a lot of other people who are in the same boat.
We all have the same goal but the journey is very different and it really does help to get a lot of different perspectives on things.
Keep reading and posting and I am positive you will soon be back on RTM and raring to go.
The book mentioned above is definitely worth a read. It is also worth going through your foundation and RTM books again, some of it doesn't always click first time.
This isn't just a diet, it is a whole new way of life and it will all click into place in time.
I am still attending the maintenance classes weekly and still learning new things about myself.

Back