Back to abstinence after talking to LL Counsellor

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Kenj, 30 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Kenj

Kenj Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I popped in to chat with my lighter life counsellor this evening as I have had a bad week on the route to management.
    We have agreed that My mind cannot get used to controlling portions and keeping to food lists.

I am going to do 4-5 weeks of abstinence for may and try and re-educate my subconscious to learn the skills of choosing the right foods and choosing not to eat the wrong foods.
    This is easy for me on abstinence.
    I have found the route to management to be incredibly difficult due to 30 years of never controlling what I eat.

No idea which smillie to use.
    Happy that I am back on phase 1.
    Furious with myself that I can't control my eating - it should be easy but it isn't

End of rant - I'm new here but loving it - thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    The very fact that you've chosen to go back to abstinance shows that you are determined to keep the weight off, and that determination will be the thing that helps you conquer this once and for all.

I hope you find the key soon xxx

4. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good for you! You WILL get there in the end, and it sounds like you're taking the sensible approach. Have you tried reading GIllian Riley's "Eating Less - Say Goodbye to Overeating"? You can get it on Amazon and I found her argument and her practical tips for dealing with food addiction absolutely invaluable!

5. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I'm also a huge Gillian fan. I'd highly recommend it for anyone re-introducing food. It's just amazing, common sense wisdom.

6. Kenj

Kenj Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I go and but it now

I really appreciate the positive comments.
    This comunity rocks.
    The more facets of support I can get the better - I'm sure most people here know this but being a guy I never ask for help cause I'm supposed to know the way:)

7. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I think you will find that this place is a great support, I think it has made a lot of difference to a lot of people. Sometimes doing these things can be quite a lonely experience, but on here you really do have a lot of other people who are in the same boat.
    We all have the same goal but the journey is very different and it really does help to get a lot of different perspectives on things.
    Keep reading and posting and I am positive you will soon be back on RTM and raring to go.
    The book mentioned above is definitely worth a read. It is also worth going through your foundation and RTM books again, some of it doesn't always click first time.
    This isn't just a diet, it is a whole new way of life and it will all click into place in time.
    I am still attending the maintenance classes weekly and still learning new things about myself.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.