Back to Day 1!

Nicci3636

First time I've been out since being on the diet. Drank water all night and just got really depressed!
So at the end of the night, when everyone went for the usual take away, I joined them and had a chow mein. I don't even LIKE chow mein!! So annoyed with myself. I don't know why I did it. So then for the rest of the weekend I just picked left, right and centre.
Back to day one, no loss when I weighed in this week.

SO angry with myself and I also feel really crap. What was the point eh???

:( :( :( :( :(

Going to basically live here now, just so everyone can keep me going strong!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is absolutely NO point in beating yourself up about this - it'll get you nowhere. Draw a line under the weekend and vow to renew your efforts.
Drink plenty of water to flush your system through - and use the occasion as a learning curve. If going out is a major problem for you and you're not enjoying it, perhaps consider giving it a miss for a few weeks until you're really established on the diet.

If you really can't and desperately WANT to go out then try to adjust your mindset. This diet isn't a punishment - it's our passport to a new, slimmer life so don't resent it - embrace it!

I never forget it's only temporary - it's not forever and if foregoing a few voddies and a chinese is the biggest sacrifice I have to make in order to feel the euphoria of getting into smaller clothes then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

You're human - you'll make mistakes. It's how you deal with them that'll make the difference to how you continue in your Exante journey. Good luck! :)

Thank you!!
That really does help. I've drunk about 2L of water so far and I'm really on a high. I'm so detirmined now. People in the office must think I'm on drugs...I'm running around. Can't keep still lol

xxxxxxxx

Russian Doll said everything I was thinking !!! Dont worry about it , pick yourself up and let us help you get back on this fabulous wagon ( i am getting back on today myself !!)
You said no weight loss , does that mean no gain either ??? if you get back on track you will drop all the water weight in the next 3-4 days and have a great loss which will make up for a STS ....so its all good .
We all do it , and every time we do it helps us learn that actually 1. you didnt enjoy the food , 2. it wasnt worth it , 3. you are strong enough to resist next time ....
I used to get sad when I went out and couldnt drink but now I actually quite enjoy it , being the sober one among a load of drunken people can be hilarious ... try and turn it into a positive and this blip can be used to make you stronger next time you are tempted :)

Day One. Complete.
SO tempted to cheat last night. Had my little sisters birthday party....so lots of party food around.
I didn't tho! woop woop.
Got told I can no longer wear my work trousers as they're too big...which was nice. But a week before payday means....I can't afford any new ones! Boo!

Wish me luck for Day two.......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done!! You must be really chuffed with yourself at showing such willpower. You passed that challenge so onwards ... you'll be reaping the rewards in no time!

Back