Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Back to goal for GOOD!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by Yoghurt, 4 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Yoghurt

Yoghurt Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.85%)
    I have to keep reminding myself how far I've come. My weight has been pretty consistent over the last five years although I seem to gain and lose the same 7-10 lbs over and over.

I'm 12.12.5 and I want to get to 11.7. When I was at my heaviest and most miserable at 20.4!! I never dreamed I could get into the twelves. However I have been in the elevens and at 5.8 I felt SLIM. I even managed to get to 11.4 but that was a week before Christmas about seven years ago.. you guessed it, once the floodgates opened for a pre-christmas meal it all went to put and I only managed to put the brakes on at 12.7.

I've done the hard slog. The Point/calorie counting, the exercise etc. I've even had the tummy tuck and breast lift (March and June 2010 respectively) it's just this last stone and a bit. I needed to try something new and less restrictive. A friend of mine who has been doing WW for the same time as me has just completed six weeks and lost a stone. This was the same stone her and I have been battling to get rid of. That was the clincher for me to try SW.

Weighing in tonight for the first time. Although I loosely followed the SW plan from home last week and lost 4lbs, I am not so confident this week. I think I have simply eaten TOO much free food. It remains to be seen. What I love already about SW is what everyone appears to be saying. It doesn't feel like a diet. I could easily eat like this for the rest of my life. I love the freedom. Certain foods like JP's, eggs and fruit I rarely ate on the WW plan, it seemed like a waste of Points. I love not having to avoid carbs and eating fruit in adundance.

Zumba tonight straight after weigh-in so I will be eating a banana during the meeting. Fingers crossed.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kirstabubble

kirstabubble Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.44%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    Good luck yoghurt!

Your weightloss so far is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself.

I cannot praise SW enough. I've got just over a stone to go til I'm at my target, so I'll be watching to see how you get on :)

Kirst xx

4. Yoghurt

Yoghurt Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.85%)
    Thank you Kirsty! However to my eternal shame I put ON a pound and a half! Last week I followed green days all week at home and lost 4 lbs, this week I did extra easy and I think I simply ate MORE than I needed.

They tried to make me feel better by saying I am not the first person to GAIN in their first week but I am going to stick to Green again this week and see what happens! Thanks for your support. :)

Juliet X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.