Back to good ole healthy eating

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Hi everyone :D

Well im back again and this time for good, i have decided no more “diets” no more counting points & syns, just everything in moderation.. a good balanced diet, with a bit more freedom at the weekends..i have been dieting on and off for so many years and i think as soon as u say ur on a diet u are constantly thinkin about food and to be honest i was becoming a bit obsessed, i am aiming for 3 meals a day and snack on fruit or something low calorie if i am hungry, im also goin to try stop weighin myself each week and try aim for once a month as u can become a bit obsessive with scale hoppin too.. anyone else feel same way as me?? Im goin to try keep food diary on here when i can from Monday to Friday... here goes day 1 and im feelin good :D look forward to talkin to u all :D

Breakfast – 2 shredded wheat with semi skimmed milk & a banana

Lunch – sandwich on brown bread with chicken tikka & peppers, strawberries, pineapple & shape yoghurt

Dinner – Potato wedges with mixed peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, bacon & sprinkling of cheese with tbsp taco sauce

Last edited:
Hi

Ive recently restarted after a very rocky couple of months. My goal is 9 stone by New Year (33lbs). I too am healthy eating and exercising. I am following Clair Nasirs Boot Camp DVD 4 times a week.

Shell

Hi there heres to hopin we can both do it, do u keep a food diary?

hi there! im in the same position! dieted for 20 years now and just fed up! i try a new one weekly! and get fatter each time! i weigh myself daily and it sets the mood for the day!! not good! especially if i have gone up a pound! i have a 3 year old girl and i do not want her to become obsessed like me! I have also realised that i am more bothered about how other people see me rather than how i feel! it all stops now, healthy eating here i come, 3 meals with fruit as snacks. good luck everyone! xx

hi there! im in the same position! dieted for 20 years now and just fed up! i try a new one weekly! and get fatter each time! i weigh myself daily and it sets the mood for the day!! not good! especially if i have gone up a pound! i have a 3 year old girl and i do not want her to become obsessed like me! I have also realised that i am more bothered about how other people see me rather than how i feel! it all stops now, healthy eating here i come, 3 meals with fruit as snacks. good luck everyone! xx

Hi Amanda

Welcome onboard! U remind me so much of myself when u say a new one every week and getting fatter lol i am exactly the same! At least we are putting a stop to it now as it is not healthy to be constantly “dieting”.. it really gets u down! Most other people can succeed in losing weight by 3meals a day and fruit as snacks so why cant we :D wat kind of things will u be eating? I like to get some ideas :D i dont want to cut anything out just everything in moderation :D

Breakfast – bowl of special k with semi skimmed milk

Snack - strawberries & pineapple

Lunch – toasted sandwich on brown bread with small amount of cheese, mixed peppers & cherry tomatoes with tbsp taco sauce, light choices cup a soup & an orange

Dinner – chilli con carne with boiled rice and 2 slices of garlic bread

hi! so comforting to know im not the only one who cant stick to a diet! i even di lighter life! lost 3 stone, put it all on again in 6months!! it was hell! ww i use points for crap! sw i just wanna eat crap and get fed up with you cant have this with that! just done diet chef! got soo bored with soggy food! i could be rich if i didnt spend all my money on diets! and online plans! lol! anyway noooo more!!! i am gonna eat porridge for brekki or boiled egg, wholemeal toast. No white bread or white pasta. Lunch soups, salades and sandwhiches! not all together!! dinner just meat veg and small helping of complex carb like brown rice, pasta or pots. I have a diet plate (dont laugh) which is good for portion controll. I am gonna try to fill half my plate with veg at all meals. no biscuits, chocolate, cakes sweets etc.xxx

u def aren’t on ur own! I continuously switched from sw to ww every week! Its not good at all! Oh im the same i spend a complete fortune! Im doin the same trying to cut out white bread and switch to wholemeal, oh i wont laugh bcuz i have one also and i spent £17 on it!lol if i fancy choc etc i will have it but only a small amount and if i fancy crisps it will be the low fat variety.. i really think the more u “diet” the more u want food and the more u put on! Its a vicious circle.. xxx

I agree! the more i cant have something the more i want it! I cant believe you have diet plate too! how funny! it is actually a really good idea though! had it 2 years not used it till now though hahaha! good luck ! stay in contact.xxx

yeah i defo agree! i bought my diet plate a year ago and still havent used it!lol what r we like! good luck2 chic :)

Where did you ladies get your diet plates from?

I'm starting a healthy eating regime myself today (am just trying to summon the energy to go to Morrisons!)

I've been dieting since March, and lost maybe 4lbs by giving up junk food, 10 or so on Slim Fast and another few by calorie counting. However over the summer my progress has been very slow as I'm generally very good in the week then go nuts on weekends - I'm a beer/cider drinker which really doesn't help matters - and I refuse to drink Vodka because I don't really know my limits - and I hate the taste.

Anyways, I figure I have another 8/9 lbs to go, maybe a few more or less - basically I want to get to the point where I'm happy so we'll see.

I'm determined to go a last push on it and get the weight off once and for all, really don't care if it takes me until Christmas - I will get there and I will keep it off.

Good luck ladies, and wish my luck in staying away from the cider and hopefully gettting a body that rivals a pussycat doll (haha I can dream)

Cath xxx

Am so thrilled to discover a healthy eating section to minimins!

Have dabbled with lots of various diets....and got precisely nowhere! Every Monday I seem to start afresh and then start feeling deprived or unhappy.

And yet I LOVE healthy food! So am going to just eat a healthy balanced diet! I'm fed up with being a bloody failure at all these commercial diets!

Good luck to everyone!

hi i've just been reading all ur posts and can relate to all of u i have been dieting on and off for years i have lost weight successfully with s/w but have just been on holiday and reckon i have put on about 6lb i just find it soooo hard to stick to plan not many of the restaurants are s/w friendly so i eat something thats not "on plan" then think i've failed and carry on eating cause i think i've messed up anyway, i am now thinking about changing to healthy eating at least then i can eat what i like without feeling like" i'm not following the plan," i wish i could just eat like a normal person am i the only one that constantly thinks about food its a wonder i don't dream about it lol anyway good luck to everyone xx

hi i've just been reading all ur posts and can relate to all of u i have been dieting on and off for years i have lost weight successfully with s/w but have just been on holiday and reckon i have put on about 6lb i just find it soooo hard to stick to plan not many of the restaurants are s/w friendly so i eat something thats not "on plan" then think i've failed and carry on eating cause i think i've messed up anyway, i am now thinking about changing to healthy eating at least then i can eat what i like without feeling like" i'm not following the plan," i wish i could just eat like a normal person am i the only one that constantly thinks about food its a wonder i don't dream about it lol anyway good luck to everyone xx

Up till tonight I have ate, slept and breathed food! And now I've decided its got to stop. Yes! We CAN eat like normal people! Might take a bit of practice. A few ups and downs. But I reckon we can do it! Good luck!

Hello everyone,
so can relate to all your experiences....on and off dieting for 20 years and still fat and miserable!! Go figure!!
I have just read two really enlightening books which are....."only fat people skip breakfast" by Lee Janogly all about sugar addiction and overcoming it..very funny but down to earth and " overcoming emotional overeating" by Jane Hirschmann and Carol Munter....very good read.
I fed up of the diet treadmill and have decided to do healthy eating and exercise and not be ruled by the numbers on the scales.
I am sure it will be hard but have to change my habits for good....and forget the word diet.
In one of the books she says sugar is an addiction and if you choose to eat a biscuit you choosing to be fat....harsh but fair!!
Good luck with your healthy eating I am starting next weekend and so looking forward to this.:D

In one of the books she says sugar is an addiction and if you choose to eat a biscuit you choosing to be fat..
i have to agree with this comment from the book i know i'm addicted to sugar once i start eating it i can't stop i am going to try and have nuts as a snack rather than sweets and chocolate i know they r high in cals but so good for you :rolleyes:

In one of the books she says sugar is an addiction and if you choose to eat a biscuit you choosing to be fat....harsh but fair!!

Most importantly, I don't think I've ever met anyone who can eat just ONE biscuit, ever, in my life (which aged 40, is say 25 years of noticing these things....) :hmm:

I agree with all your posts!
Done lighter life far too many times and now it's time for a lifestyle change and eat healthily.
Good luck everyone!

Diet Plate

Hi all

Its good to know that there are some others who use the diet plate. I lost over 2 stone with the diet plate and even had a photo:) shoot done for a magazine. Then I thought that once I had lost my weight I could just put the plate away and still keep the weight off Wrong I put 2 stone back on and hit the menopause. My plate is out again and I am trying to do some exercise every week. I sit at a desk at work so I try and go to the gym or exercise class on my day off on a Friday. I have realised that this has to be a life changing eating plan.

Its great to have somewhere like this to get motivated and hopefully motivate others. I know lots about the diet plate so if you have any questions just ask me. They have changed the name to the portion controlled plate.

Chrissy

Back