Back to what I know best - Slimming World Extra Easy, Original and Green days! ♥

Just a quick question - what's the photo sharing site please? Do you mean Instgram? xxxx

Just a quick question - what's the photo sharing site please? Do you mean Instgram? xxxx

Yes, but be careful what you post! It's still a bit of a sore point with me as I find it totally and utterly ridiculous. But I got banned off Mini's for a whole month for mentioning it and my username! I wouldn't mention it too much, or you'll end up with a ban too! xxx

Subscribed! Best if luck Stevie x

You are all so amazing!! Thank you for just reading my rants and moans and episodes of feeling sorry for myself over the years and not giving up on me - even when I have wanted to give up on myself. I have said it many times before, but the support on here really is second to none! xxx

Actually, while I'm posting. Would anyone with access to the SW website mind doing me a quick favour please? I'd just like to double check a few things...

- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk - can this be used as a HExA? - If so, how much?
- Special K Granola. Is 30g of this a HExB? I'm sure it was added to the list not long before I stopped following the plan.
- Halloumi. Is 35g still a HExA?
- Nando's - am I still right in thinking that plain Butterfly Chicken with skin removed is 3 Syns? And then 0.5 Syns per tbsp of their sauces? I'll be having it with mixed leaf salad and corn on the cob (minus butter) which I believe are both SuperFree / Free.

Many thanks in advance!! x

I'm here to subscribe!

in the new book it says butterfly chicken is 3 syns as served, but i removed the skin just incase and had spicey rice 2 syns for a normal portion, corn and side salad when i went on Sunday night. I know what you mean about SW being restrictive i'm finding it really tough and i only rejoined on saturday! at least i know i can have freddo bars for 5 syns!

any suggestions on how to plan for the week ahead as i feel like im constantly going to tescos to buy things for my dinner! x

Subbing again. I've Been quiet but been following you through 5:2 and you're so inspirational. You'll do great Stevie

Here to subscribe. Best of luck xox

I'm here to subscribe!

in the new book it says butterfly chicken is 3 syns as served, but i removed the skin just incase and had spicey rice 2 syns for a normal portion, corn and side salad when i went on Sunday night. I know what you mean about SW being restrictive i'm finding it really tough and i only rejoined on saturday! at least i know i can have freddo bars for 5 syns!

any suggestions on how to plan for the week ahead as i feel like im constantly going to tescos to buy things for my dinner! x

That is exactly what you need to do and would be my top tip - plan, plan, plan!

Today I've sat down and written a meal plan for the whole week (excluding drinks etc. on Saturday) and it really helps me stick to it. It's something I've always done! I find that if I know what I'm having (and when!) then I'm less likely to pick up rubbish and things I don't need when out and about!

That was probably another problem I had with 5:2, I didn't plan as much. Only on Fast days! But on non-fasts I'd just grab whatever I fancied at lunchtime, but far too often it was pure rubbish and over my calories!

Why don't you start by thinking about what you fancy / what you are craving, and then make a SW friendly version? For example, if you're tempted by pizza. Try making the SW pizza chicken! Or if it's Chinese, try making a low-Syn version, etc.

Good luck! x

Subscribed! Best if luck Stevie x

Subbing again. I've Been quiet but been following you through 5:2 and you're so inspirational. You'll do great Stevie

Here to subscribe. Best of luck xox

wooo, nice to see you back, we are the same weight! Here to sub, youll smash it! x

Thank you all. So happy to have lots of lovely, supportive people joining me! I won't let you guys (or myself!!) down. Gonna smash it once and for all!! xx

Here to subscribe too :)
I have been SW girl for a few years ( every time I got close to where I wanted to be- I got pregnant lol) then switched to 5:2 truly enjoyed the freedom but never got anywhere, stayed the same -so figured out that SW is the way to go and when I finally get to target then will return to 5:2 to maintain,are you still following me? lol
Good luck with your journey :)

Subscribing of course darling. You do whatever suits you whenever it suits you and we will be here to support you; it is your journey.

I definitely think sw is a much healthier way to loose weight as it changes bad eating good habits whereas calorie counting can encourage them. I think that people who eat healthy will not need to 'diet' forever as its a lifestyle change but calorie counters will.

So I'm pleased you're back on this and I think you will notice the difference in energy levels in particular.

I'm just glad you're still on your journey and know you'll never give up xxxx

Today I've sat down and written a meal plan for the whole week (excluding drinks etc. on Saturday) and it really helps me stick to it. It's something I've always done! I find that if I know what I'm having (and when!) then I'm less likely to pick up rubbish and things I don't need when out and about!

That was probably another problem I had with 5:2, I didn't plan as much. Only on Fast days! But on non-fasts I'd just grab whatever I fancied at lunchtime, but far too often it was pure rubbish and over my calories!

Why don't you start by thinking about what you fancy / what you are craving, and then make a SW friendly version? For example, if you're tempted by pizza. Try making the SW pizza chicken! Or if it's Chinese, try making a low-Syn version, etc.

Good luck! x

I agree..... planning is essential for me to remain focussed and on plan. If i have an idea of what i am having then i just buy what i need in my big shop (works out cheaper too) and i get fully prepared the night before e.g. take things out of the freezer ect I also get excited about my food because i usually plan in yummy different meals rather than sticking to the same old same old or settling for convenience...... planning is definitely the key! x

Good morning everyone, happy hump day!

I just want to say another huge thank you for all of the support, and to everyone who has joined me in my new diary and what I hope will be my final journey. I am always blown away at how kind and genuinely supportive everyone is, it's really encouraging and I feel I've made some really lovely friends over the years. Thank you so much for the continued support, it is appreciated so much!!

So, as you know, yesterday was my first day back on Slimming World. And it went really well!! I enjoyed it so much and it was great to be eating fresh, healthy food again. I know it's only been one day but I feel so much less bloated already!! And I also felt so much more full from the good food I ate - that hadn't really been the case with 5:2. I think the little break away is exactly what I needed, and now I am embracing SW once again!

I started off with an Extra Easy day yesterday, and I think today will be Green! This is how it's looking so far...

Green

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero
- Oat So Simple Fruit Muesli Multigrain Porridge (HExB) made up with Milk (HExA) and a sliced Banana

Lunch:
- Tesco Healthy Living Cottage Cheese with Carrot and Yellow Pepper Dippers
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero
- Activia 0% Fat Strawberry Yogurt

Dinner:
- Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry (Sweet Potato, Red Onion, Red Pepper, Spinach, Chopped Tomatoes and Spices) served with Brown Rice and Green Beans

Other:
- 2 x Chocolate & Fudge Benefit / Alpen Light (HExB)
- Maryland Gooeys Chocolate Cookie (4 Syns)
- Graze Banana Bread with Dates and Hazelnuts (3 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: Oat So Simple Multigrain Porridge & 2 x Benefit / Alpen Light

Daily Syns: 7 / 15
Weekly Syns: 13 / 105

Last edited:
Morning lovely! Happy hump :) Your food always looks so yummy and inspiring. Can I have the recipe for your sweet potato curry please? xxx

Morning lovely! Happy hump :) Your food always looks so yummy and inspiring. Can I have the recipe for your sweet potato curry please? xxx

Aww, thank you!! The "recipe" is not really a recipe as such lol! I've never made it before, so it's going to be a bit of an experiment. But I'm keen to try different things this time around to stop me becoming bored. I'm going to boil some peeled and chopped sweet potato, and in a frying pan I'm going to soften some peppers and red onion in a mixture of spices (I'm thinking cumin, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and chilli. Maybe a little curry powder). Then I'll add half a can of chopped tomatoes and let that simmer, before folding in the chunks of sweet potato and then adding the spinach at the last minute so that it wilts down. Will add water / tomato puree as and when it looks as though it needs it. Hopefully it will be as nice as I'm imagining lol! xxx

Just so you know I have subscribed and am reading away! Welcome back lovely! Hope 2015 is your year and you get your banging bikini bod! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you sooo much!! I hope so. I don't know how many more years I can spend going around in circles and not really getting anywhere lol! x

Good luck! x

Thanks Love! I'm going to make a plan at the weekend for next week and hopefully i can stick to it! x

Thank you sooo much!! I hope so. I don't know how many more years I can spend going around in circles and not really getting anywhere lol! x

But the most important thing is that you have never given up!!! You will absolutely get there :)
Thank you for the recipe! Can't wait to try xxx

Back