Back to what I know best - Slimming World Extra Easy, Original and Green days! ♥

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Those who have followed my previous diary will know that I have been struggling SO bad recently with this whole dieting / losing weight thing.

For those who don't know my story, I had previously followed Slimming World for around 3 years and had slowly but surely lost over 4st. But then I found SW became a bit restrictive for me and that I needed to try something new and with a bit more freedom - which is when I decided to give 5:2 / The Fast Diet a go.

I have 100% loved 5:2 and the freedom of it all, particularly when Warren and I want to have a 'treat'. It's been lovely to go out for meals and drinks out and not worry about where we can and can't go to fit in with my Syns. I succesfully lost 1st 7lb in just six weeks following it, however I have regained that and more after struggling to stick to plan over Christmas, New Year and the majority of January. Although I found SW had become quite strict, I have actually decided that at this moment in time I actually need that structure in my life again. Not having the structure and "rules" there isn't helping me very much at the moment. I've noticed I've been eating so much more processed food and 'rubbish' whilst following 5:2 - something which I never did with Slimming World. I want to be eating fresh, healthy food again. Cooking my meals from scratch. It has been far too easy to choose ready meals and pre-packaged food on 5:2, because as long as they were within my calories that was fine. I wasn’t really eating healthily though, and I feel that it kind of defeats the objective. What is the point of losing weight and wanting to look good if I'm still actually really unhealthy!?

So, I’ve decided I’m going to give SW a go again! I won’t be going back to group or anything – just doing it myself from memory at home. And hopefully with the support from Mini's and my IG friends. I’ll be sticking to the old EE, Red and Green plans rather than the new EESP – as I know them like the back of my hand and, after all, I did lose 4st doing so.

I’m still probably going to track calories, just because it’s become more of a habit than anything. And it’s really helped me with my portion sizes – which was one thing I always struggled with whilst following SW. I would eat enormous portions to the point where I was stuffed and unable to move, just because food was "Free". That's something I want to avoid this time around.

I may also combine SW and 5:2 from time to time, and throw in the odd Fast day when I feel like I need a boost. I'm not sure yet, just trying to figure things out at the moment really and find my "happy place". I don't want to complicate things just yet, so for now I'm going back to basics with SW!

This also might not be the best week to restart things, as I’m away for the weekend and it’ll definitely be alcohol fuelled. Most likely with hangover food too! But I wanted to be honest with you all and I also can’t leave this any longer. I’m driving myself crazy with all of the messing around I’ve been doing. And besides – 5 days on plan would be better than 0 days, right!?

Warren (my boyfriend of almost 7 months) and I have decided that we're going to go to Fuerteventura in September for our second holiday together. We're booking on Friday I think! We like to go September time as it's our anniversary - but it's also good for me as it gives me that bit longer to give my head a shake and sort things out!! My aim for this year is just to look (and feel) better in my bikini's than I did last year.

My new weigh day will be a Tuesday morning, from my scales at home. Although I forgot to weigh this morning, but would guess I'm around about 12st 12lb, maybe even as heavy as 13st again now. BUT I am not 15st+ like I once was. I may have had a little relapse, but I have not totally undone all of my work.

So, that's me in a nutshell! And this is my new food diary where I'm hoping I will keep myself on track. If anyone wants to read and join me in my journey, you are more than welcome and the support is always greatly appreciated. Here goes!

Popping over here to subscribe! Wishing you the best on your new journey. You've got lots of supporters around and we're here to try and help you on your way.

Popping over here to subscribe! Wishing you the best on your new journey. You've got lots of supporters around and we're here to try and help you on your way.

Thank you, it is very much appreciated! I'm so sick of going around in circles now and I really hope that I can do this once and for all, no more messing around. The support on here is second to none! x

Here goes, my "first" day on Slimming World!

Haven't quite decided whether today will be an EE or Green day yet, it could go either way depending on what I decide on for lunch. But I will update accordingly!

As mentioned, I'm no longer a member and I'm doing this on my own from home. So if anyone notices anything wrong with Syns / Healthy Extra's etc. please let me know!

Extra Easy

Breakfast:

- Mango chunks
- Can of Monster Zero

Lunch:
- Chicken Salad (Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber, Onion and Sweetcorn)
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero
- Strawberry Danio (1.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Quorn Meatballs and Spaghetti with a Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Sauce (Chopped Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Peppers, Red Onion and Crushed Chillies). Topped with Cheese (HExA)
- Cherry Bakewell Alpen Light (4.5 Syns)

Supper:
- Chocolate & Fudge / Double Chocolate Alpen Lights (HExB)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B:
2 x Alpen Light

Daily Syns:
6 / 15
Weekly Syns: 6 / 105

Last edited:
We sound so alike! Ive also been struggling with the whole 5:2 nad eating processed and ready meals etc so ive just gone back to good old CC with 1300 cals but making sw style food from scratch, really limiting chocolate biscuits and crisps etc and eating more fruit and vegetables! Good luck on your new journey hun, your gonna do fab can feel from your diary you got your new positive head on! Here to sub and cheer you on :)

Xxx

We sound so alike! Ive also been struggling with the whole 5:2 nad eating processed and ready meals etc so ive just gone back to good old CC with 1300 cals but making sw style food from scratch, really limiting chocolate biscuits and crisps etc and eating more fruit and vegetables! Good luck on your new journey hun, your gonna do fab can feel from your diary you got your new positive head on! Here to sub and cheer you on :)

Xxx

Thank you so much! I am just tucking into my mango for breakie and it feels sooo good to be eating fresh food again already! I had become so reliant on the Oat So Simple porridge pots, just for convenience more than anything. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed fruit for breakfast. Here's to new beginnings xxx

You are all so amazing!! Thank you for just reading my rants and moans and episodes of feeling sorry for myself over the years and not giving up on me - even when I have wanted to give up on myself. I have said it many times before, but the support on here really is second to none! xxx

Actually, while I'm posting. Would anyone with access to the SW website mind doing me a quick favour please? I'd just like to double check a few things...

- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk - can this be used as a HExA? - If so, how much?
- Special K Granola. Is 30g of this a HExB? I'm sure it was added to the list not long before I stopped following the plan.
- Halloumi. Is 35g still a HExA?
- Nando's - am I still right in thinking that plain Butterfly Chicken with skin removed is 3 Syns? And then 0.5 Syns per tbsp of their sauces? I'll be having it with mixed leaf salad and corn on the cob (minus butter) which I believe are both SuperFree / Free.

Many thanks in advance!! x

Good luck :) Extra Easy is just that, though give the SP a try once or twice a week, does help with knocking off a few lbs.

Good luck :) Extra Easy is just that, though give the SP a try once or twice a week, does help with knocking off a few lbs.

I'm doing the plan from home, so I don't have the new books or information I would need for EESP. It does look like it's very similar to Success Express though, which I have done in the past and would do again if I needed the boost. I'm not interested in going back to group or trying the new plan if I'm honest. For now I am happy to just stick to basics and what I know works for me - I had previously lost 4st with EE, Original and Green and as the saying goes, "if it isn't broken, don't try and fix it" x

35g Halloumi - HExA
875ml unsweetened Blue Diamond - HExA
30g Special K granola - HExB

Says peri peri flame grilled butterfly chicken breast is 3 syns if that's what you mean (never been to Nandos so I have no idea if that's right!) x

Yay, you are an absolute superstar!! That's perfect. Thank you ever so much my lovely :) xx

Back