Back to work today....

Sez

has started again!!
So went back to school today, and boy were there loads of positive strokes around for me!! I lost count of the number of people who told me that I looked as if I had lost loads during half term. Apparently my face looks a lot thinner than it did just over a week ago??? I do wonder if it is because I tied my hair up this morning (High pony tail, pretending to be young again LOL), and they are used to it being all over my face. (NOT in a facial hair kind of way, honest!!!)

The weird thing is I do feel a bit thinner, but have lost the plot briefly with food. I am in week 16, and I just want to eat & eat & eat.... Not junk food, but any kind of food. I am craving salad (?? first time for everything) and cottage cheese (???), jacket spud, sprouts, carrots.... any bluddy thing! I think I am going mad. It has been soooo tough to get my head round all this. Its hard to focus on short term, let alone the long term issues of another 5 months doing this diet.

Any hoo, back to today. I left work feeling on top form, and really looking fwd to my WI on Thurs. This, I feel, could be in error, considering my mess up earlier! I have no idea re ketosis as I ran out of sticks, and have ordered some from Ebay, samr price for 100, as I paid for 50 in town. Seller had 100% feedback, so I hope they are ok. They should arrive tomo, or Weds. I will check my wee then....

Another good thing re work. We are arranging out school Carnival float for mid-June. The theme is The Four Seasons, and my daughter is "Spring" (I think I feel a butterfly coming on). The parents (of which I am one, as well as staff) will help put the float together and then have to dres up to ride along or walk with them on the route. I think I might be brave enough to try "Summer", maybe even a summer top and sarong.... if not a very load Hawaiian shirt and a lei.

All in all a good day, and hopefully a good week ahead!!!

Happy Monday evening all!!

Fantastic!! You are over half way there now and the finish line will soon be in sight !! Brilliant.

Mike

Wel done you, thats great! The diet seems to get harder as time goes on eh! I'm struggling on with the milk but would kill for a chinese!! Think positive though & go a day at a time! Well done for getting back on track!

Hey Sez :D
You and I are in such a similar place!
I appear to have got through my weekend drama, and I'm certain you too will get through what appears to be the Evil Week 16.
I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts to see how you're getting on.
I just didn't expect all of these Development issues to come crashing down on me! Have you set any Development goals yet? I'm still holding out for a 3st loss in 8 weeks as a top Development aim, with a view that I may have to adjust this closer to the end of July, but it's still nice to have something to aim for.
I've posted loads about how I've been feeling and you'll see there are some great responses from the Mini's so I won't repeat them here, but do keep posting.
Isn't it weird that the endless 'wow you look amazing' comments are just nowhere near enough to fix how tough this phase can be?
Keep on keeping on...you are doing brilliantly.
:D

Hi TG, yes I saw your post on the Week 16 issues! You are also right in that all the compliments and good times (see my thread on riding the BIG rides at Thorpe Park) are not enough to stop those demons from surfacing. We always want more dont we?

Well, if determination is anything to go by I think we might just do it, in one way or another. I have only attended 2 development meetings, as was away from class last week. Bit nervous about this week, as our group merged with another whilst I was away, and I wont know anyone there. I imagine I will be my usual "reserved coz I dont know you" person, until I feel comfy again. I really dont want to share and all that gubbins until I know them well enough to.

will keep posting, and lets see this through!!

By the way, I have no set goals for this stage as I still have along way to go. It would be great if I could lose another 2 stone by my holiday in August, but I am not thinking beyond as yet.

Glad you had such a good day Sez - it's great when people notice and comment. You deserve all thye compliments you get.

Cath

Great news Sez, about all the positive comments you have been getting since going back to school.

I sympathise about craving salads and other healthy stuff. I was the same.

One of the women doing management at the moment (on week 11) has lost 10 stone and still has five to go. She has decided to do management, go back to healthy eating habits, and do LL SSing to lose the rest next year. She was feeling so fed up and bored of SSing for so long.

She looks great - a size 18, has joined the local gym, walks everywhere. A far cry from when I met her in development. I wonder whether such a thing would be appealing for you too Sez. Taking time off from SSing, going on to Management, learning to eat a healthy diet during the 12 weeks, and going back to SSing after a break? Refreshed and positive again.

Great news Sez, about all the positive comments you have been getting since going back to school.

I sympathise about craving salads and other healthy stuff. I was the same.

One of the women doing management at the moment (on week 11) has lost 10 stone and still has five to go. She has decided to do management, go back to healthy eating habits, and do LL SSing to lose the rest next year. She was feeling so fed up and bored of SSing for so long.

She looks great - a size 18, has joined the local gym, walks everywhere. A far cry from when I met her in development. I wonder whether such a thing would be appealing for you too Sez. Taking time off from SSing, going on to Management, learning to eat a healthy diet during the 12 weeks, and going back to SSing after a break? Refreshed and positive again.

Its a great idea. I am fighting myself a lot at the moment and with 5st to go it could be an option. My only downside is that want this part of my life over with, and perhaps the best way to do this is grit my teeth and soldier on!!

Group tomo, so will give it lots of thought & consideration. Thanks for the tip!

Back