Bad Day

GagaOoLala

I am having a really bad day so just thought id have a rant!

It's been a year and 4 days since I became unemployed. Im that time I have put on 4st9lbs and just lost 12lbs. I'm having no luck with references, no interviews and im tearing my hair out with boredom. I've lost loads of friends because i never have any money to do anything with as i am spending my jobseekers on cd products and driving lessons to try and get a car. I have my test in 3weeks and im not ready, my instructor is a dick and i havent even been on any practice runs yet. My mum's getting me a car and i have 2 pay her back bt I can't find anything in the area i live in and im so fed up!!

Don't even get me started on the people at the jobcentre, I signed on today and they looked down there noses at me even tho I showed them the 45 applications I did last week meanwhile some little chav that was sat next to me just shrugged his shoulders when asked what he had applied for and said none. :mad:

And now to top it off i have to go to a bbq. I want to eat eat eat right now and drink but I can't im stuck with these tetras.

Sorry for the rant but i feel like im gonna explode. Oh yeah and I have headache :( x

Aw hun :( *hugs*

I really don't know what to suggest on the job from but well done for sticking to plan - rant all you want if it stops you cheating and you don't want to waste that money! You are doing so well losing 12 keep going.

Chin up x

Oh sweetie that sounds like a rubbish pile of poo with more poo on top. I lost my job twice after LL and CD and piled on similar amounts of weight. Its so so stressful. I'm a West Country girl myself and I know how ridiculous life is out there without a car - people who live in big cities or areas with good public transport don't know they're born sometimes ;)

I went through hell with the jobcentre - they made me go on one of those courses after the bare minimum of time on JSA - like about 4 weeks and I said 'But I have an interview that morning' and they said 'tough - attend or no JSA' It gave me the greatest of pleasure to turn up in my posh suit and heels (the only person in the room who looke dready for work) and to take a call as I registered telling me I'd got my current job. They still made me stay for the bloody course!!

Sorry - I'm wittering - I really feel for you and I hope things look up soon. Stay strong - if you take control of the weight other things will begin to fall into place...

Oh sweetie that sounds like a rubbish pile of poo with more poo on top. I lost my job twice after LL and CD and piled on similar amounts of weight. Its so so stressful. I'm a West Country girl myself and I know how ridiculous life is out there without a car - people who live in big cities or areas with good public transport don't know they're born sometimes ;)

I went through hell with the jobcentre - they made me go on one of those courses after the bare minimum of time on JSA - like about 4 weeks and I said 'But I have an interview that morning' and they said 'tough - attend or no JSA' It gave me the greatest of pleasure to turn up in my posh suit and heels (the only person in the room who looke dready for work) and to take a call as I registered telling me I'd got my current job. They still made me stay for the bloody course!!

Sorry - I'm wittering - I really feel for you and I hope things look up soon. Stay strong - if you take control of the weight other things will begin to fall into place...

I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY!!

I can't believe it! I need to pray I get the job because I really need it!! :) xx

GagaOoLala said:
I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW TODAY!!

I can't believe it! I need to pray I get the job because I really need it!! :) xx

Good Luck!!!!

Remember to brush your teeth cause you dont want your bad breath to come rhrough! :p

good luck with the job interview :D

I completely understand how demoralising it is. Hope you do well at interview but if you don't, what about getting on a course at college/university? It's what I did and I now have 2 degrees. While unemployed you can get some courses paid for and be meeting people and networking for that future job!

I completely understand how demoralising it is. Hope you do well at interview but if you don't, what about getting on a course at college/university? It's what I did and I now have 2 degrees. While unemployed you can get some courses paid for and be meeting people and networking for that future job!

I've done 3 courses at college now, no point in uni because I have loads of friends that have got themselves in thousends of pounds worth of debt for no reason - they r struggling to get jobs just as bad as me :( What sort of courses where you on about when you said you could get paid for doing them? xx

I've done 3 courses at college now, no point in uni because I have loads of friends that have got themselves in thousends of pounds worth of debt for no reason - they r struggling to get jobs just as bad as me :( What sort of courses where you on about when you said you could get paid for doing them? xx

If you want to get a degree, you'd probably qualify for a free one with the Open University. If your P60 says that you earned less than £15500 (I think) you can choose any degree you like for free!! It's definitely worth a look.

Here's the link to check if you're eligible: Financial Support - Eligibility

Thanks hun! I never got the job. I wasnt skinny enough! Apparently they are looking for the face of the business! I knew what he was hinting but the guy was very sleezy xx

If he was sleazy you are best out of it! But hopefully getting an interview gave you a boost, and if you were nervous it will be good experience for the next time, and there will be a next time.

Keep your chin up.

not really it was pretty unprefessional it was like queing for your shopping I was stood waiting with 2 other girls and he didnt even remember we were there, didnt ask our names or anything. I applied for two more jobs today tho that I could possible get just thru knowing someone which seems to be the way forward these days, its not right but its how it worked. Thank you for asking hunn x

It wouldn't suprise me.. It was ment to be a office surrounding but there was one phone and a notepad. No computer, fax machine, filing cabenetes. We had to sit on camp chairs. Was rather weird. xx

If you want to get a degree, you'd probably qualify for a free one with the Open University. If your P60 says that you earned less than £15500 (I think) you can choose any degree you like for free!! It's definitely worth a look.

Here's the link to check if you're eligible: Financial Support - Eligibility

Thank you so much for this advice! I might be doing a course now! So excited! Thank you again xx

Back