Bad Day :(

anois

Hi all,

Just looking for your thoughts, advice etc.
Warning very long post:

Having a really bad day....scratch that bad few weeks/months. Just can't shake this rotten feeling. I'll give you a bit of background. I'm female 5ft5 and 19 stone :( I've always been a big child-teen-now adult of 29. Was 16st till had my child 3 years ago and then went up to 20. I've come down a stone in the last 3 years alot of it shortly after his birth.

Have tried every diet going. Shake diets like lipotrim, groups like slimming world and weight watchers, do it yourself kinda ones like rosemary conely, calorie counting, juddd diet. And as childish as it sounds I just can not stick to any of them. In my head it's so stupid, I just crack after a few good weeks and can't get back into it. Then I binge. The head says cop on and stop this your not happy. My mouth and tummy says oh look food!
I don't know what to do anymore. I feel I'm slipping deeper and deeper into this dark mood. I'm not suicidal believe you me, that's furthest from my mind. But I feel like I've given up on things. And I can't get myself out of this bad bad cycle. And I feel stupid for not having the will power or cop on to change things.

Anyway hope to hear from ye. If anything getting all that off my chest makes me feel a bit better.

Anois

Last edited:
I know how you feel, I felt the same, just could not do it, and other people who dont understand just dont understand and its frustrating, unfortunatley food is like an addiction, you get used to eating certain foods and when you feel like you "cant have" them it makes it worse. First of all you need to get yourself motivated, you can either do something about it or not, I know that sounds harsh but it is reality. Maybe try joining a group again? The support is amazing and everyone is so friendly and give great ideas, they are all in the same boat, so if you have a bad week you are encouraged to talk about it and see where you went wrong, and everyone listens and gives tips. What food do you struggle with most? For me it is sweet things, so where I do Slimming World, I look at the things I can have. You can have treats from time to time so you can have something to look forward too. I started last month and I feel the best I have ever been! I never feel hungry and still enjoy things I like. Do you exercise? I never used to but I just get up and go now, I have so much energy! And it will make you feel so much happier too, just by doing a 15min walk per day, and when you start losing weight and see results it will give you more and more motivation :)

Thank you for posting back. With me I can take or leave sweet things, like chocolate or sweets. With me it's dinners with sauces, takeaways and bread. I didn't think you were being harsh. I can't keep going around the problem and not facing it.

Yeah I am. Trying to keep within my points. But the days I go over I go crazy over. I end up using most of my weekly stand by points by a wednesday. I just feel so stupid for being so childish and matter of fact about all the stupid things I do. I talk sense but I don't put it into action. Pure laziness I should be ashamed.

You shouldnt feel ashamed, it is hard, its just a complete change and getting used to a new way of thinking about food. Maybe try another Slimming club, do you think that would help?

Maybe I could. Don't think I gave slimming world a good enough try the last time. 5-15 syns is better than counting all I eat into pp's

It seems to me like you are maybe approaching this for the wrong angle. Why do you want to do this? If it's because you feel you have to, then that's the wrong answer. This is a change you have to make for yourself, because you want it far, far more than you want any food.

One of the most motivating things for me was sitting down and writing a list of reasons Why I Want To Be Healthier. Note, not losing weight, Healthier. This really helped me to collect my thoughts and put things in perspective. It was there on paper why I wanted and needed to make the change. Maybe doing something like this would help you?

Also, you don't have to rush yourself into diet schemes and it seems to me like denying yourself is a problem for you. Think 'This week I will eat three healthy breakfasts', the following week 'I'll eat 3 healthy breakfasts and lunches'. Build it up until you are eating three healthy meals a day. Hopefully this will seem less of a challenge for you and less extreme of a change. You can definitely do this- it's just about finding a way that works for you.

I also encourage exercise because it really improves your mood and it really does help you to keep motivated, keeps you occupied (less thinking about food) and helps you to lose weight and feel good about yourself. Good luck!

faery_lights has made some great points. Diet schemes might not be for you at this point. Try to focus on developing healthier eating habits for a bit so next time you try a diet plan it isn't such a major thing.

I hope things get better for you. :)

Back