Bad relations.

Hi BL

So pleased you had the chance to talk to C. Thank goodness you've got him xx

You know what BL, it is so hard to have a issues with your family because no matter how mad at them you are, there will always be part of you that loves them. I'm glad that you have people around you who you can talk to. It sure does help!
You can't help who your brother is. But I'm sure your mother knows that you care about her. I cant imagine being so far away from my mother! Must be very hard for you!

Over the last couple of months I have had some issues with my cousin. Her dad is my mums brother and they have a sister. Now, uncle and auntie don't get on so the family is already split. My nan, their mum, lives with my mum and my auntie spends one day a week with her when she takes her out. My uncle has in 3 years taken her out once! In November, my mum and dad went jetting off to Sri Lanka and I went to their house to granny-sit! One Friday was my friends 30th Birthday and my brother and I wanted to go. Mainly because my friend had been in Australia and New Zealand for about 4 years and we hadn't seen him! So I asked my cousin to sit with nan for a couple of hours just to talk and have a cup of tea so she wasnt on her own. I said I would not be late back as I was driving and not drinking. She said she would. Nan was really excited to be seeing her as she hardly ever sees her. Their family never visits her.
As I was getting ready my uncle calls me, has a go at me and tells me that I cant leave nan on her own blah blah blah. I'm not, his darling daughter is going to be with her. Only aparently, and this made me laugh, that is asking too much. Right, so asking a 21 year old woman to have a cup of tea and spend a couple of hours talking to her grandmother is too much. If you say so! Cousin hadnt told me she wasnt coming, so I went to see my friend and was back to nan by 10pm. Cousin had not been. Text my brother as I was really cross. Brother went postal. He's furious!
She never even called my nan to tell her she wasnt coming. She never apologised or anything. She tried to tell my brother that it was my fault. I believe my brother called her a name that is unrepeatable and left her in no doubt that he now dislikes her.
It's not that nan was upset. Not that she showed or anything but I know she was looking forward to seeing her. And cousin disrespected her like that is disgraceful. I want nothing more to do with her.
It's pretty harsh as my brother and I let her live with us rent free for 6 months while she was having issues with her friend who was living with her at her parents house. And she thanks us by being so selfish!

I hate my cousin, he's a smackhead who took my nan's debit card out of her purse (along with her pin that was written down as she has alzheimers) and drew out thousands of pounds in a short period of time. He burgled a 78year old lady the other week in the middle of the night and hit her in the head with an unknown weapon, took £30 and left her for dead, she's now in hospital with a broken nose, bruising and stitches. He's now been charged with attempted murder and I hope he rots in jail.

That is horrendous!! If only we could choose our family!

Back