Bad times - Sigh

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Im currently having a rather poop time - loats of moaning so leave now if you cant be bothered with it!
My father in law is basically dying and my hubby is caring for him, he is there almost all of the time, I work full time and we have 3 kids 11, 7 and 6 years old so busy, hectic stressful times.
We ended up having a massive row on Saturday ( mostly just a let off steam sort of thing i think) and i went and ate :cry::cry::cry:
I had various things, crisps, choccy etc.
I then felt like a total wally about it.
I know ive been doing really well and can finally see some difference in myself and feel like ive totally cocked it all up :wave_cry:
Ive been 100% since doing it
I have WI Wednseday eve and am now worrying about the outcome.
Am i gonna have gained? I am so annoyed with myself but i guess ive found my food trigger :eek:

Rant over - Sorry guys

Im currently having a rather poop time - loats of moaning so leave now if you cant be bothered with it!
My father in law is basically dying and my hubby is caring for him, he is there almost all of the time, I work full time and we have 3 kids 11, 7 and 6 years old so bust, hectic stressful times.
We ended up having a massive row on Saturday ( mostly just a let off steam sort of thing i think) and i went and ate :cry::cry::cry:
I had various things, crisps, choccy etc.
I then felt like a total wally about it.
I know ive been doing really well and can finally see some difference in myself and feel like ive totally cocked it all up :wave_cry:

I have WI Wednseday eve and am now worrying about the outcome.
Am i gonna have gained? I am so annoyed with myself but i guess ive found my food trigger :eek:

Rant over - Sorry guys

Climb back on that wagon and ride it to your weigh-in. Blips happen, learn from it and get back rocking. You'll still have lost.

This advice was brought to you by Big Seán, the guru of greatness and enlightenment. Go forth and multiply.

Thanks BigS - ive been back on plan sunday and will be until wed WI - I read that when you eat again your body stroes stuff ( sorry dunno the technical words) Hence my gain worries!

You probably won't have gained Jen, but IF you have, it will be a great kick up the ar8e to stay 100% in the future!! lol

We all mess up at times hun, and this diet is hard enough, without the extra pressures that you have...

I heard a wonderful saying on here once, when someone had a blip....

"....It's the rest of my life, not the rest of today.." and it's true.. As Sean said, back to 100% and you will be fine x x

Glad you got the rant out of your system x x

Thanks Su - I guess I learned a lesson that even eating all those goodies didnt make me feel any better at all, in fact I felt worse!

Thanks BigS - ive been back on plan sunday and will be until wed WI - I read that when you eat again your body stroes stuff ( sorry dunno the technical words) Hence my gain worries!

You'll be fine, you've done the difficult part by getting straight back on, the loss may not be as great but 1 day being naughty will not put on any massive amounts, you've still been 100% the other 6 days so you'll still record a loss. A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it otherwise they are mearly opportunities to learn.

*Levitates*

Wow BigS - Profound!

You might find that it hasn't made toooo much difference particularly if you are 100% until weigh-in....

Learn from it though sweetheart, sweets and pigging-out aren't the answer and actually make you feel worse rather than better. I dunno who coined the phrase 'comfort-eating' but it doesn't offer much comfort afterwards......If it's this sort of bingeing that's contributed to your weight problem then you need to find a way to cope when things go tits up rather than head for the biscuit tin!

God, life is such a ***** sometimes isn't it? I don't know anyone who is having a nice quiet life, no health or money problems.......and we wonder why we take comfort in chocolate????:confused: I'm so sorryto hear about your father in law x

This is a hard time for you all. Your OH must be going through a really bad time and it is heartbreaking seeing somone you love dying. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Irene xx

Last edited:
Thanks Sandra - lots of sense in that x
Irene - It is just awful - made worse by the fact his mum is already in a care home as she has alzhiemers and doesnt recognize anyone at all. He is an only child too so I guess he feels like his Dad is his last family member :(

Well you said yourself that you found a food trigger, that made you go and eat, so if you and OH get into another argument (which I hope you don't) be more assertive with yourself and stand your ground against the food. :)

I'm sorry to hear things are so tough for you right now though xxx Big hugs xxx

Back