Bad weekend...

BlackRose

Gold Member
So, this is why I won't be drinking for quite some time. Been doing this now for nearly 5 weeks and have been flying through it with relative ease. Not always seeing great results but collectively an impressive loss so far I think! Until Saturday - I went to a friends party, got me some gin having read on here that it has no carbs, and sprite zero. I was good all night, avoided the naughty nibbles and ate cheese and pickled onion sticks, and a handful of cocktail sausages only. I thought I was doing great! But when I awoke I felt like Hell had taken up residence in my stomach! Three chocolate bars and a taco chip later - usual hangover fare - I feel sick, bloated and thoroughly uncomfortable and I now know that I don't have it in me to have a drink and then carry on with the plan. I think I equate drinking with breaking the diet and so found my focus utterly diminished. A step on the scales has also found me with a pound on! Now I stayed the same last week and haven't weighed myself since to know whether or not I was en route to another sts even without my slip up, or if my blow out has done LOADS of damage!

So!! Fresh start today, clean and green and water all the way and I had better get good results this week or some ass-whooping will be in order.

So come on people -it's Monday - let's see some results this week!!

i think ur right about the drinking it always leads to some over indulgance. fair play to ya for getting straight back into it and ur weight lose has been great so keep it up

Hiya Blackrose. Hey it happens and super that you're on the straight and narrow again! We're rooting for you!

With the attitute of getting straight back on it I'm sure you'll limit any damage done. Great attitude! Onwards and downwards x

Great attitude my love! Plenty of fluids and you'll be right as reigns! Big hugs xx

Sent from my Nexus S using MiniMins

Thanks everyone - feeling pretty optimistic now. Ya gotta love minimins!! :D

oh well, here's your partner, not been great this week, and now paying for it, feel bloated and horrid, being on nights doesn't help!

c'mon, you and me, green n clean girls again, we can do this!
thank goodness for all the support here, eh?

Well done Rose, I agree with Leanne, chalk it down to experience and listen to your body - if it doesn't like something it is quick to tell you! :)

oh well, here's your partner, not been great this week, and now paying for it, feel bloated and horrid, being on nights doesn't help!

c'mon, you and me, green n clean girls again, we can do this!
thank goodness for all the support here, eh?

Absolutely! Let's go! WOOP WOOP!! :D

i read somewhere becardi was no carbs? do u think thats true???

I have no idea. I've read here that vodka and gin are carb free but as I say, that doesn't mean they don't cost the diet! I'm sure someone will know here though. :)

well done for getting straight bak on track
the demon drink eh
we all do it
am on day one again so heres to us all getting there
good luck everyonne

know how you feel when you bomb out mate.
i stick to vodka and diet coke if i go out.

Hi girls...spirits have no carbs, so mix them with diet mixers (coke zero has no citric)....but.....I get totally bolloxed on a few drinks when in ketosis so take care :D

Back