baked bacon and mushroom risotto - NO STIRRING!!!

Welshtigger said:
I'm planning on it-it's on my list! Did you use dried mushrooms or normal?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used the dry ones, never used them before but really easy to use.

trinity_bleu said:
Was online but not on this thread :)

Glad the liquid went, sometimes happens so just leave it in for a bit longer.

Dried mushrooms are free (just check nothing added) and can never find them in Asda. Fresh is fine, you just don't get the intensely mushroom-y water to add.

And you could use less parmesan if you're synning it - 50g makes it really cheesy.

Enjoy everyone! So pleased people are liking it!!!

Yes it's really nice, going to have my HEA of parmesan when I have it.

Think I've used Kitchen Gourmet and Blue Dragon before - got lots of the Blue Dragon onez at Aldi on offer after chinese new year! Used the last pack last week.

Justed checked the list you posted - the Tesco ones are def ok. The mixed pack will be lovely.

Whenever I cook rice I always use 3 times the quantity of water/liquid to the quantity of rice, usually measured by using a cup as a measure!

I made this the other week, but used leeks instead of onions and added some extra fresh mushrooms - it was absolutely delicious, so much so that I'm here again checking the recipe to make it again tonight!

Made it with wine last time, am going to try it without tonight - might add a dash of worcester sauce or balsamic vinegar to give it a little more depth instead...

Thanks so much!

Spanx said:
I made this the other week, but used leeks instead of onions and added some extra fresh mushrooms - it was absolutely delicious, so much so that I'm here again checking the recipe to make it again tonight!

Made it with wine last time, am going to try it without tonight - might add a dash of worcester sauce or balsamic vinegar to give it a little more depth instead...

Thanks so much!

I forgot to add the wine last time but I didn't like it so much x

I forgot to add the wine last time but I didn't like it so much x

Hmm, I thought it was still pretty good, but I did add a dash of chilli soy sauce. I also had a pretty heavy hand with the parmesan - used about 60g I think, but as it made 4 large portions, I wasn't too worried! :D

thanks for this, i have it in the oven atm, heres hoping its yummy! lol

as i didnt bother with mushrooms as i dont like them (ive used mixed peppers and chicken instead) i didnt use the 400mls boiled water as i guessed this was just to soak the dried mushrooms in??? please tell me thats right??
:rolleyes:

Was very nice however I think I put too much wine in as I used a whole small bottle but yum!!!! Deffo make again! Do u think it wud freeze well?

Sounds amazing need to give this a try

Back