Baked cheesecake!

rosinakathleen

Big, busty and Blowsy!
Help! I really, really fancy a cheesecake so am trying to make a syn-free baked lemon cheesecake!
I plan to blend cot. cheese til smooth, with eggs, sweetner, lemon juice/essence
put in oven dish, bake til set, then top with egg-white whisked til stiff, with added sweeter, then re-baked til the merangue is golden.
I may even spread a thin layer of warmed lemon curd between the two layers, but this will only add 3-4 syns for the whole thing.
So, to all you cooks out there, do you think this will work? I don't bake a lot so don't know if this sound ok!

i dont know hun but can you let us know how it goes and a photo would be good too.lol.

WOW! Ive been looking for a way to make syn free cheese cake too! That idea is so much better than anything ive come up with!!
I think thats a great idea yano! Defo let me no how it goes pleaassee! Good lucK!
:):)

I don't know if i'll put a biscuit base on!!!! maybe i'll think about that one!
Will bake it tomorro and let you all know how it turns out! (If i've not been poisoned!)
hmmm, maybe i'll leave out the lemon and add rum essence and raisins instead!

We were told about a syn-free lemon curd recipe at SW this week... will help keep the syns down and you can use as much as you like :)

Lemon Curd – Syn free

3 Heaped Dessert Spoons of Canderel
Grated Rind & Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Large Eggs
2 oz Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
---------------------
Place the grated lemon rind and Canderel into a bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the lemon juice and eggs together, then pour the mixture over the Canderel.
Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring frequently until thickened. Add the Fromage Frais, whisking until smooth.
Keeps for about 5 days in the fridge.

Happy baking...

haha good luck with ya cheese cake! im hoping it works meself cos i wanna do it!! n defo will if it does! :D
Av jus had a look too, 1 plain digestive biscuit is 3 and 1/2 syns each...so if ya did wanna be naughty ya cud jus crumble a few up n maybe sprinkle them on top! mmmmm cheese cake :D
xx

N thanks by the way to paperclip! That lemon curd idea is brill...ill deffo be using that in something!! :) Cheers! xx

Well, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 med size tub vff cot. cheese
4 eggs
juice half a lemon
1 mug sweetner
lemon curd=3 syns (tho' will deffo make syn free)
And in a touch of total brilliance (!) 2 lemon hi-fi bars (hexb's)

Put hi-fi's in blender and blitz! will be messy and sticky!
press into bottom of flan tin.
whisk cot. cheese til smooth with 2 of the eggs and half the sweetner.
pour over the base and cook for 25-35 mins til a knife blade poked in comes out clean!
cool slightly, warm the lemon curd, this will help it spread, and carefully spread over the cot. cheese.
whisk the last 2 eggs (whites only!!!) til stiff and fold in rest of sweetner.
Pour over the base and cook til golden and just set.
Cool (if you can wait that long!) and enjoy.

I used very large eggs, so if you use small ones, you may need more, and the sweetner amount may be "jiggled" too!
And I would advise using a loose-based cooking tin.
Oven temp was at 200c

Oh i am sooo impressed!!!
Thats fab, you should be a master chef!!
The Hi-Fi Bars...a touch of genius!! :eek:
You should submit that on the slimmers world website! if they like it they send ya free recipe books n that...n they will LOVE it!! Im pretty sure all slimmers will too!!
NICE ONE! :D:D:D x x
Btw...isnt that lemon curd recipe free syn-??? x x

Dear sugar!!!
the syn-free lemon curd recipe came too late for me to use, hence the syns!
But will deffo try to make it. By the way, I think that you could also make this cheese cake, minus the merangue topping, but adding a splash of rum essence, and a few (!) raisins that had been plumped up with boiling water!! But maybe a different hi-fi/cereal bar for the base!

Well, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 med size tub vff cot. cheese
4 eggs
juice half a lemon
1 mug sweetner
lemon curd=3 syns (tho' will deffo make syn free)
And in a touch of total brilliance (!) 2 lemon hi-fi bars (hexb's)

Put hi-fi's in blender and blitz! will be messy and sticky!
press into bottom of flan tin.
whisk cot. cheese til smooth with 2 of the eggs and half the sweetner.
pour over the base and cook for 25-35 mins til a knife blade poked in comes out clean!
cool slightly, warm the lemon curd, this will help it spread, and carefully spread over the cot. cheese.
whisk the last 2 eggs (whites only!!!) til stiff and fold in rest of sweetner.
Pour over the base and cook til golden and just set.
Cool (if you can wait that long!) and enjoy.

I used very large eggs, so if you use small ones, you may need more, and the sweetner amount may be "jiggled" too!
And I would advise using a loose-based cooking tin.
Oven temp was at 200c
What did it taste like??

That sound delish, I think I will be trying this tomorrow!

It tasted lush! really lemony and fresh.
(I taught Delia everything she knows, you know!)
I have eaten the evidence (Ahem!) so can't put piccy on.

Oh i am liking ur ideas!! I will try that :D Am doin tea for me cousin / fellow slimmer tmora n i mite give it a go :D will let ya no how it goes (unless i make a disaster out of it!) hehe x x x x

When I first started SW (years ago when Syns, were spelt Sins!) one of the healthy B's you could get were little high fibre digestive style biscuits. There were my fave with quark mixed with sweetner and a little lemon curd piled on top. No major cooking, just cheese-cake style gorgeousness.

Back