balsamic vinegar

metrognome

is getting better at it
after months of deciding whether to buy some or not i now have and i have no idea what to do with it or what it tastes like do i just pour it over my salad :help2:
im having potat salad for dinner mixed with light mayo and ham can i put it in that do you think and is it syn free?
thanks

Hi...it prob won't taste too nice poured over mayo - its quite sweet but might make the mayo curdle....
its nice over salad leaves, cucumber, toms then have the potato salad on the side seperately....try some on a teaspoon then you'll know what you think....its a bit of an acquired taste....

Last edited:
Mmmm....balsamic vinegar mixed with a little olive oil and wholegrain mustard = yummy salad dressing!! not on potato salad though....that's not real salad, that's potato with funny sauce!

ewwww dont like that, someone told me it was sweet tasting bt its not, maybe i got the wrong one there was balsamic dressing there as well did i get the wrong one???

But is it syn free? It says on SW website that balsalmic dressing is 2 1/2 syns a teaspoon but can't find balsalmic vinegar. I love it with salads!

The balsamic vinegar is free. It's the dressing that's synned.

Yes it's free, and I use it just like Nicole. I went to Carluccios deli last time I was in London. They have it in a plastic container with bits of bread, and you can dip the bread in it. FABULOUS! I didn't buy a bottle because it was something like £11, BUT I wish I had! You could have drunk it! I buy the cheap stuff and use it alot, put it in spag bol etc, but it does make wonderful salad dressings. Next time I'm in London I shall splash out!

At our meeting this week the consultant made a lovely drink using three talespoons of balsamic vinegar to one large bottle of diet lemonade. For decoration she added a slice of strawberry and cucumber and called it syn free pimms. Its nice and served chilled in a posh glass it makes you feel as though you are having a fancy drink.

It is lovely as a reduction when you deglaze a steak pan

xx

I use it on salads too, and in chilli/spag bol etc. It's also really yummy in tuna, pepper and cheese omelette with mixed herbs. xx

Back