• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

balsamic vinegar

mfinnis

Hi...it prob won't taste too nice poured over mayo - its quite sweet but might make the mayo curdle....
its nice over salad leaves, cucumber, toms then have the potato salad on the side seperately....try some on a teaspoon then you'll know what you think....its a bit of an acquired taste....

Last edited:

metrognome

is getting better at it
ewwww dont like that, someone told me it was sweet tasting bt its not, maybe i got the wrong one there was balsamic dressing there as well did i get the wrong one???

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Yes it's free, and I use it just like Nicole. I went to Carluccios deli last time I was in London. They have it in a plastic container with bits of bread, and you can dip the bread in it. FABULOUS! I didn't buy a bottle because it was something like £11, BUT I wish I had! You could have drunk it! I buy the cheap stuff and use it alot, put it in spag bol etc, but it does make wonderful salad dressings. Next time I'm in London I shall splash out!

At our meeting this week the consultant made a lovely drink using three talespoons of balsamic vinegar to one large bottle of diet lemonade. For decoration she added a slice of strawberry and cucumber and called it syn free pimms. Its nice and served chilled in a posh glass it makes you feel as though you are having a fancy drink.

It is lovely as a reduction when you deglaze a steak pan

xx