Banana sandwich

Angellore

Not really a recipe, but just wanted to remind people that a banana sandwich is always an option. My mum used to make them for us when we were kids. I don't like bananas now but if you do this could be a good low point lunch or snack.

Not really a recipe, but just wanted to remind people that a banana sandwich is always an option. My mum used to make them for us when we were kids. I don't like bananas now but if you do this could be a good low point lunch or snack.

I've been meaning to come and thank you for this - i had it for breakfast with a bit of ground cinnamon.... yummy x

yum yum yummmm i've been buying the new york cinnamon and raisen bagels and having a banana on one of them for breakfast, they are only 5pp! very filling. Also, one day i had pmt i put some nutella and banana on the bagel it was delicious!!!! x

I love bananas ( now they are 0 points it's like I've died and gone to heaven !!) but have never liked it on a sandwich-not tried toast but this thread is making me want to try both !!!

Banana & Toast is one of my favouries.....hmmmm might have some now!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

My father used to use a hot dog bun for his banana sandwiches. The banana took the place of the hot dog, and he used peanut butter instead of mustard and relish. Yummo!

I like it in the toasted sandwich maker with a sprinkle of cinamon

Mmmmm sounds yummy, have been having toast with slcied banana on top most mornings for brekkie, never thought of sprinkling on some cinnamon.

Guess what Im having for breakfast in the morning?

yum yum yummmm i've been buying the new york cinnamon and raisen bagels and having a banana on one of them for breakfast, they are only 5pp! very filling. Also, one day i had pmt i put some nutella and banana on the bagel it was delicious!!!! x

Oh yum yum yum that sounds delicious!! I'm going to try this for definite! Laura, you've done so well with your weight loss - how do you keep up the motivation? You must be delighted with your success!!

i love bananas on toast or even banana butties :) xxx

omg banana butties- so much want!

*sobs* i've had my bread!!

and its 2am!

hmm....might just have an orange instead

its not the same- but mum bought bananas today (yay mum!) so guess how im gonna use my bread allowance tomorrow ;) heehee

Big thankyou for this thread!! Used to love banana sarnies as a nipper and will be a perfect snack or brekkie option now. Nom nom!

I have it on toasted milk roll with golden syrup yummm...

Whats a milk roll??
Hmm I like bananas but cant imagine liking them on a sandwich?? I might try it this weekend though (with nutella too nom)

Another thing I love though is banana split. If you've got low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt then you're in a win-win situation for a yummy big dessert! Drizzle of maple syrup or nutella makes its even yummier! xx

Back