Bank holiday blues

jennyc_uk

Silver Member
Feeling a bit of a misery guts today. It's bank holiday and everyone seems to be eating sweets crisps chocolate takeaways and drinking and I'm not. Normally this doesn't bother me but it's making me miserable this weekend :( I'm about 6lb off target now and just want to get there so I can be a little bit naughty on weekends like this.
Anyway there's my miserable post today x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You're not on your own, we've just been out for a meal (MiL birthday) I had a SWish meal with apple crumble & custard, & diet coke, but I would have loved an alchol free drink to go with it, but seeing as MiL will be round later with wine & chocs decided against it. For a moment I felt badly done to, but then I reminded myself how good I feel looking like I do & how fed up I'd be if I gained.

You've got your syns use them & if it makes you feel better use them weekly over the bank holiday weekend.

I know how you feel too. Last night i really wanted a carry out and beer but cos i am out tonight i decided against it. Still felt hard done to tho!! As said above i try to remember that having a take away everyweekend is wat got me fat ib the first place!!

Yeah same here. Everyone met up at the park for a picnic and there were Doritos and guacamole, M&M's, home made cake etc.... I'm such a food grinch when i can't have it!

LittleMissPeacock said:
Yeah same here. Everyone met up at the park for a picnic and there were Doritos and guacamole, M&M's, home made cake etc.... I'm such a food grinch when i can't have it!

Lol that's me, a food grinch! I know I can eat so much food on SW which is why it's worked so well for me and generally I'm ok but today an apple is quite matching up apple crumble and custard lol

There has been 3 lots of birthdays in work, which mean 3 days in work of creamy filled cakes, sugar jam donuts, yummy choc chip cookies..............and i can honestly say i didnt go near it, i munched on some strawberrys instead lol, it didnt bother me to be honest, coz wearing my jeans that were hanging off me felt soooo much better :flirt2:

Haha!! Maybe that's exactly what I need!
I've cheered myself up a bit by having a fake-away homemade doner kebab and I think I'm gonna use my syns on a curly wurly dipped in a hot choc options - if I have room after my mullerlight ice cream :)

Only two more days to survive! I find being at work so much easier x

It's a bank holiday but I don't know anyone outwith the banking industry who has a day off work on Monday and the schools are not off either. And I've never had this weekend off with any of my previous employers either. Possibly because here in Edinburgh it is a local holiday on Victoria Day (23 May).

Last edited:
Yes you are experiencing bank hol blues, but by Tuesday, when others are feeling that post bank hol blues cos they ate and drank too much, you can be very smug and pleased with your self control!

gettingfit said:
I don't usually have the bank holiday blues as hubby gets to spend another day at home instead of away.
But I have this one as my son goes off today for 7 weeks and I've had a falling out at work with the manager where I work about paid bank holidays(he says I don't get paid if I work it,They give me another day off instead)so tomorrow I'm not turning up for work(cause manager said if I don't work it I will get paid as it's a contracted day)so will probably get a warning on Tuesday.:sigh:

That sucks! But in a way u r getting paid it as ul get another paid day off in lieu to take at another time? Is gettin a warning really worth it eek?!

It's a bank holiday but I don't know anyone outwith the banking industry who has a day off work on Monday and the schools are not off either. And I've never had this weekend off with any of my previous employers either. Possibly because here in Edinburgh it is a local holiday on Victoria Day (23 May).

Ahh must be an Edinburgh thing then. That explains it :)

The west is definitely on hols *high fives Starlight* :D

There has been 3 lots of birthdays in work, which mean 3 days in work of creamy filled cakes, sugar jam donuts, yummy choc chip cookies..............and i can honestly say i didnt go near it, i munched on some strawberrys instead lol, it didnt bother me to be honest, coz wearing my jeans that were hanging off me felt soooo much better :flirt2:
That is exactly how I feel too. Going to sons today, they are eating pizza, I have done a s w quiche to take for my tea, doesnt bother me at all I am now today wearing size 12 jeans, that tastes far better than a greasy pizza!

Circes said:

Really? Thats amazing it's totally different on the west coast. Schools are closed and most people are off and loads of places closed. I know that's the case in Glasgow. Renfrewshire and Ayrshire. I think though you've hit the nail on the head about Victoria day. You guys had it last week, were all getting it this week

I am working today with double pay but still have a touch of bank holiday blues! Mainly because I am so tired. But I do have a sw carrot cake with me that I will have with a cup of tea later mmm

Feeling a bit of a misery guts today. It's bank holiday and everyone seems to be eating sweets crisps chocolate takeaways and drinking and I'm not. Normally this doesn't bother me but it's making me miserable this weekend :( I'm about 6lb off target now and just want to get there so I can be a little bit naughty on weekends like this.
Anyway there's my miserable post today x

I've found as I've got closer to target and that ability to go up and down a few lbs and still be in target I have got more frustrated about this sort of thing than when I had loads to go!
I was 1.5lb away from target and only lost half a lb last week and I was disappointed because I wanted to let my hair down on Saturday night and hopefully stay in target! I did let my hair down Sat and now am hoping am not further away from target but can't be helped now!
Hope you get to your target soon and it will then be worth all the sacrifices and good choices you have made xxx

Back