Banning people eating?

Jodieboo

Gold Member
Hi guys, just having a bit of a rant and asking peoples opinions..

After tonights fiasco, i'm thinking about banning people eating in my house. I know it might sound a bit over the top, but when people come round, not only do they not eat SW friendly food so my mouth starts watering.. they also leave their rubbish and don't clear it up when they leave.

Tonight was a prime example. Three friends came round and they decided between them that they were ording a pizza. Without asking me if it was ok to order to my house mind.. they didn't even BOTHER asking if me or the OH wanted anything? So then, pizza comes and they sit here filling their faces full of pizza. I had to go outside because I was so hungry looking at them and was quite annoyed at the rudeness of it all. After they had finished eating, instead of disposing of the rubbish accordingly, boxes in the cardboard recycling etc, they just dumped it on my kitchen floor by the side of my bin.

In the end, it resulted of me and the OH actually ording a pizza of our own. So yeah, I come off the wagon tonight. I know I should have had more will power but I don't want things rubbed in my face!

It's not just food though, it's drinks cans. People go outside to smoke in my outhouse and I went out there the other week and I counted over 20 empty cans of cola/energy drinks/fizzy pop scattered all over the room and on top of my washer.

Am I being too harsh banning people eating in my house?
I just think it's total disrespect to me!

Think you have a right to do this / be treated respectfully.

The other alternative is too be totally upfront with your so called friends, i say so called, because if true friends a) would consider your feelings b) you'd feel comfortable saying er hello, sort this out.

As for falling off the wagon - me too tonight so lets just put it behind us and carry on tomorrow x

I agree yell then how you feel but u would ban them from wagon.g and smoking if it does not change! Friends should know better, maybe they don't realise because they are so comfortable with you.

We all fall off at one time, remember it is just one meal so you have not blown the whole week x

I think you'd be better off getting some new friends. I can't imagine anyone i know acting the way your friends did, so rude!

I love my friends dearly and I'm sure that they'd never act as disrespectfully as yours have - but noone EVER gets invited round my house. I much prefer meeting on neutral territory.

Maybe put a sandbucket for fag buts in the outhouse plus signs reminding people where you want fag buts and empty cans put so you know that there is no confusion about it.

Maybe the outhouse can be where guests go to consume food that they've ordered to be delivered to your house as well!! Can't believe they just ordered it without checking it was ok and whether you wanted anything!!

Are these 'friends' (the kind you trust with your hopes and dreams, and who would be there for you if you need them) or just people you know? If it's the latter I'd seriously consider reviewing who you invite round and who you don't.

I think you'd be better off getting some new friends. I can't imagine anyone i know acting the way your friends did, so rude!

Yep.

I wouldn't class these friends as close, no. You guys have just confirmed to me that something needs to be done so myself and the OH will sit down later and discuss ground rules.

Well, I felt so sick last night, stomach pains and feeling so sick. It's still here this morning :( bad times.

Here's my line.

Me and Craig did have a discussion not too long ago about the type of people who come round and the people who were round last night must have slipped through the net. I'm still angry this morning, not only at them, at myself too.

Don't be angry. Consider it a lesson learnt. As long as you use that lesson to change things for the better it's a good thing, not bad. No serious damage done, and these people gave you a good chance to make some decisions by showing just what rubbish friends they are.

I love my friends dearly and I'm sure that they'd never act as disrespectfully as yours have - but noone EVER gets invited round my house. I much prefer meeting on neutral territory.

Oh that's me too I hate people in my house :eek:

Gather up the rubbish divide it equally, bag it and hand it back to everyone who came.

Give everyone a fresh bag to take their rubbish home.

Tell them no more deliveries to your house.

Ban all smokers entirely.

Oh that's me too I hate people in my house :eek:

Gather up the rubbish divide it equally, bag it and hand it back to everyone who came.

Give everyone a fresh bag to take their rubbish home.

Tell them no more deliveries to your house.

Ban all smokers entirely.

Would you act that way in their house??? Absolutely not, i hear you cry so why should you put up with it in your home.

My Mr diplomatically told my bessy mate neighbour, that perhaps coming to watch X Factor and bringing massive bags of liquorice alsorts and chocolate probably wasn't the nicest thing to do in our room,infront of me! She's not done it since. To be honest I probably would ave said " oops sorry take aways are banned in this healthy house ,can you eat it at yours"

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but firstly are these people really friends?

Secondly, unless they are really, great and long-standing friends (I suspect they are) they shouldn't order pizzas etc. without prior agreement etc.

Thirdly, there should be no smoking anywhere near the house or buildings!

Fourthly, and be honest, was this whole thing brought on because you were furious with yourself for succumbing to ordering a pizza?

Putting the depression issues to one side (way too complex for discussion on here) You, or your other half needed to gain or re-gain control here.

I guess you're young and I'm just jealous;) - seems a lifetime ago now since we used to pile round each others, order pizzas, smoke our heads off and get hammered. We were all comfortable with each other to do it though, and without fail, before the pizza order (or takeaway etc.) went in the individual orders were taken:cool:

Maybe people are different now?

I think people today are a lot more selfish and are only out to gain from something. These "friends" are younger than me, the youngest one being 6 years younger than me, the eldest being 2 years younger. I wouldnt say I actively sought their friendship, we all met through a mutual friend.

My partner is very leniant with people. Normally it's him being laid back and me having a go at him out of peoples ear shot to get rid of people.

I think I need to get some confidence and put my foot down.

You just seem too nice for your own good. Maybe he can have a word? If not I can recommend a few on here who could!!!

Back