Barbiegal's Exante Journey Starts Here!

Dreamer said:
Barbiegal, to put on 1lb in weight, you'd need to eat 3500 cals over and above your BMR (the calories you use in a day just to breathe, for me it's around 1700cals). You've done so well, and even if you blow out and have 1500 cals in the evening, you probably will just stay static for that day, but you would have lost the rest of the week. The main issue is that you'll regain the water weight (this isn't a problem, it just looks demoralising on the scale) so you may want to weigh yourself at your next WI, but wait for the week after to WI.

Oh, to minimise any damage (i.e. difficult getting back into ketosis), you're best to stick to high protein, low carb. I do mock meats because I'm vegetarian, with lots of garlic, ginger and spices. Stay away from pasta and breads and potatoes, etc.

Thanks Dreamer that's reassured me a bit! I just hate the feeling of guilt at the idea of 1 meal! And it's not even for another week! Won't be having any starter or pud anyway but just want to enjoy a nice main course! Shame pasta is my favourite though! Ooh with a side of garlic bread ;) hmmmmm! Xx

Haha well I've fallen right off the wagon, and been carb loading with potatoes this week. Back into it on Monday, although moving to Diet Chef for a while, as my carb cravings have just got too intense. Will come back to Exante later on. Have you got a diet diary on here?

V

Hope you enjoy your night off Barbiegal, Dreamer is dead right - one night off as long as you don't go too wild should be ok. Do you eat steak? I find that usually does the trick because you ar estill having a treat but it is ok for Ketosis - green salad or green veg should bo ok with it - try to avoid the onion rings & tomatoes though!

Dreamer, are we going to lose you? The carb craving does get reallys trong sometimes doesn't it/ I have had a couple of bad days, but ok today. best of luck on the Diet Chef plan - is it ready meals?

Dreamer, are we going to lose you? The carb craving does get reallys trong sometimes doesn't it/ I have had a couple of bad days, but ok today. best of luck on the Diet Chef plan - is it ready meals?

Yes but only temporarily. Feel free to pm me in a month and tell me to get my butt back onto my Exante packs!! Yeah, the diet chef is prepacked meals, and I'll be on the 1200 plan. The food's meant to be quite tasty. It's more expensive than Exante but I got a good deal :)

Dreamer said:
Yes but only temporarily. Feel free to pm me in a month and tell me to get my butt back onto my Exante packs!! Yeah, the diet chef is prepacked meals, and I'll be on the 1200 plan. The food's meant to be quite tasty. It's more expensive than Exante but I got a good deal :)

That sounds good, keep us updated with how it's going! Good luck x

owup here we go said:
Hope you enjoy your night off Barbiegal, Dreamer is dead right - one night off as long as you don't go too wild should be ok. Do you eat steak? I find that usually does the trick because you ar estill having a treat but it is ok for Ketosis - green salad or green veg should bo ok with it - try to avoid the onion rings & tomatoes though!

Thanks, steak it is then! Yum yum! X

Thanks for the Exante info - my other half is interested so really useful to pass on to him.

What I meant to say was...." why put off til tomorrow what you can do today!" doh! :p

Ha,ha - my version would be "why put of today what you can put off tomorrow" - the world's greatest procrastinator :D

Just had my weigh in for week 2 and lost 5.5lb, really pleased with that coz was expecting about 3! So that's 12.5lb in total, yippee! Seeing the weight slowly dropping down is definitely my motivation to keep going! ( although can't wait for my dinner out on saturday!) :)

Oh... not so good :( I cheated then couldn't get back on track. I still walked 50 miles last week (damage limitation) - but I put on 4.8lbs (only 1.5 probably of fat, cos I didn't eat masses and masses). The lesson is, don't cheat if you can help it! You are doing fab though, so you can be my inspiration now. It's good on here, when you fall off the wagon, there's so much inspiration on here, and when you're on track again, you inspire others :)

Oh, and I'll be good from tomorrow again :) (fingers crossed for me though if you can please!)

V

Well done Barbiegal, what a great flying start! Keep it up as long as you can, and try to plan what you are going to eat on Saturday.

Come on Dreamer! you and I have to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow now otherwise Barbiegal will be overtaking us before we know it!

I wish! You are both doing brill! Have mixed feelings about sat- can't wait to eat food but also feel guilty just thinking about it! My mum has booked us into a French restaurant in Covent garden so I have no idea what to choose but I'm not gonna beat myself up over it anyway, it will be my first cheat in 3wks and will be back on track on Sunday! Xx

Don't stress about it, you are in control and as long as you eat in a planned way it's not cheating, its you adapting YOUR diet to fit in with your life - as long as its just one day you should be fine - i would try to limit the carbs though so that the next day is easier for you.

2 words of caution - be careful on the booze because it will affect you loads more than usual - ketosis / vlcd and alcohol really do not mix! Also you may have a bit of a tummy problem the next day.

Have a great day tomorrow and look forward to seeing how you got on.

I'm not quite sure how the diet plan you are following works (as I have never heard of it :)) ... I just wanted to say congratulations on the arrival of your little one, I had my little boy in October ;)

Back