Barb's back!

I have lost another 2lbs and adjusted my ticker, which shows on my 'signature' in my personal details but is refusing to update on my posts. Grrr.

Think I will have to give up on this ticker, it's driving me nuts!

I have lost another 2lbs and adjusted my ticker, which shows on my 'signature' in my personal details but is refusing to update on my posts. Grrr.
It can take up to 24hous for the updated ticker to show here.

Hi Barb, I have just come back on here too! It is a marvellous forum and really helps I think.

Not brave enough to weigh my self yet but have been on Exante for 6 days now, I have so many packs left it seemed to be the way to go! I think I must have about 7 stone to lose but will think of it in 7 lb chunks to make it seem not such a mountain to climb!

Take care my dear. xxx

Hi Barb, I've just come back here after some time away too :)
well done on the loss 👍
I am also doing calorie counting, starting properly again today
:)Hi Zafira, thank you, I am very pleased, seems like a pretty good start! How are you doing the cal counting? With a book or a website? I am really enjoying 'Lose it', I've used My Fitness Pal in the past but the lose it one seems to have a fantastic database of cal values and is really fun to use! Our start weights and goals are similar, so it would be great encourage each other!

Hi Barb, I have just come back on here too! It is a marvellous forum and really helps I think.

Not brave enough to weigh my self yet but have been on Exante for 6 days now, I have so many packs left it seemed to be the way to go! I think I must have about 7 stone to lose but will think of it in 7 lb chunks to make it seem not such a mountain to climb!

Take care my dear. xxx
Hi Jacci, it really is a great forum, so nice to reach out to like minded people and share the good and the bad! That's a good idea to break up your goals, less daunting and more exciting each time 7lbs disappears! Good plan to use up the Exante and then maybe after that you'll be ready for a change, so it should work really well. :)

@Barb Its always great to have help from others, I’m up for that!😀
I’m doing calorie counting and also “TeamRH” off Facebook as such - it’s £7 a month I think now - but you give your stats and what “steps” you can do a day and if you can do 3 or 6 workouts a week or not and they set your calories for you - which to some may seem quite high - you also have protein and fibre goals to hit - they have an app too - but you log everything through MyFitnessPal and it all links up - I did well on it last year after also doing well with Slimming World just before - almost got to target - went on holiday and it then all went tits up!😂

anyway I’m sort of doing my own thing with it as well - I know what works for me and what doesn’t- it’s just sticking with it 😂
I have slip ups - but it’s not letting that prolong and get back on it as soon as 🤞

but atm I am on 1700 cals and 5k steps but with no workouts- if I do 10k steps and 3 workouts I can have 2100 calories

It all goes on calorie deficits and the idea is to lose approx 1 lb a week roughly and not go hungry 😋

I have used MyFitnessPal for years and know how to use it well plus the database is good I think and if there is something I’m having I can’t find I input the nutritional info myself and it saves for future reference 😊
I also am addicted to my Fitbit- had one for years and only take it off to shower or charge😂
But I’m still fascinated by the info from it and like doing the challenges with others on it 😊

we all find our own ways over the years to what works and doesn’t - it just takes following things to a “T” and will power determination and motivation!

we got this!👍😀

It sounds like you have a good system on the go, as you say, you know what works, for me the hardest bit is keeping it going! Full of enthusiasm the first few days, then...... not so much. Thats very interesting what you say re calorie allowance though, it's struck a chord with me because I'm actually going for it on the highest calorie plan i've ever done! Instead of going at it hell for leather and losing lots to start with but then hitting a wall because I'm not eating enough, I'm actually sticking to the higher number. I think that will mean I can keep it going. My 'lose it' app says I should reach my 2 stone 6lbs off goal by 25th of October.

I would be more than happy with that! So i feel a kind of sea change in my thinking, because after spending the better part of 45 years on a diet that has never worked for long, i'm thinking who cares how long it takes, as long as I get there and can enjoy my life along the way. I hate that whole deprived feeling, which i always end up with, every time. Hopefully not this time!

You're doing well adding in your fitbit too, mine died last year and I haven't replaced it, perhaps I should!

We have got this, you are so right! :D

[QUOTE="Barb, post: 8065253, member: 73"

So i feel a kind of sea change in my thinking, because after spending the better part of 45 years on a diet that has never worked for long, i'm thinking who cares how long it takes, as long as I get there and can enjoy my life along the way. I hate that whole deprived feeling, which i always end up with, every time. Hopefully not this time!

You're doing well adding in your fitbit too, mine died last year and I haven't replaced it, perhaps I should!

We have got this, you are so right! :D
[/QUOTE]
Exactly - depriving yourself is not the key! It all needs to be sustainable, and if you have enough to eat and can enjoy all the foods you love in there to, you are less likely to go off the rails and have a binge :)
I love my fitbit!😂
yes, get another! and if there are more on here with one, we can add each other and do challenges together :D

Monday morning, chilly and damp out there and what do i do? I make flippin' muffins!!!!! What is the matter with me? Mad as can be. Then, hang on, wait for it, I find myself thinking, you've made 12, freeze 11, enjoy 1, just 1 and count it in!!! Job done, no cataclysmic breakdown of plan, no personal beating up because i've messed up, just a quick re-plan of food for the day and I'm straight back on track. That's a first!

I thought about the muffin thing after and realise it all relates to how I react to disappointment. I'd convinced myself I would be another lb down today, I wasn't, so what's my go to? Self sabotage, well hard luck mind games, i think I won this one!

Ok Denn, I will checkout the fitbit website, though i really don't want a watch, i had a 'zip' which was just so discreet and easy. I'll see what they've got! ;)

Well done on the one muffin Barb!
I can really relate to the self sabotage and reacting to disappointment, I agree that you definitely did win that one! The mind is a strange thing.
Take care! xxx

Well done on the one muffin Barb!
I can really relate to the self sabotage and reacting to disappointment, I agree that you definitely did win that one! The mind is a strange thing.
Take care! xxx
😀Thanks Jacci, I do feel pleased with myself, old habits are hard to break, but it can be done!

Well done on just the one and freezing the others👍
It IS hard trying to stay positive sometimes...
Thanks Denn, it so is, but as long as we manage it most the time, it's progress i reckon! 😃

Feeling much more positive today, yesterday was a bit of a low point, today I feel back in the zone, pity what the scales say dictates how I feel, but that is how it is.

Making a very conscious effort to drink less calories: lockdown has had a terrible effect on our drinking habits and I am sick of wasting calories on booze when i could be eating! So, i'm cutting back and encouraging my OH to do the same, we'll both feel better for it!

Definitely progress if it's managed more often than not 👍
i must be an odd one out....as I don't drink alcohol often , now and again or only if I'm on holiday or a night out.....and when I do I think it goes straight to my head as i'm not used to it , plus I down it like water, and next thing you know i'm pissed !😂 I've been told some amusing stories about myself when i've had one too many😂
Other than those times i can take it or leave it unless i really 'fancy' a drink......my downfall is chocolate! If I have some i have to try hard and find willpower to not to go on a binge with it, once i've got the 'taste' for it 😂
perhaps 'dilute' your drinks more , or if its wine, have some lemonade or something with it so it's less?

Good idea Denn, water it down a bit, I should def do that. Tbh we've always been fond of a tipple and after we retired in 2015, really bad habits set in. Trouble is they are nice! Like, I'm getting dinner, I pour me a glass of prosecco, OH has a g&T and we nibble a few crisps/nuts whilst I chop meat/veg whatever. Then we have wine with dinner and often a bit more wine in the garden or a baileys in front of the telly! Not off our faces 24/7 but enough to seriously upset weight loss efforts! I wish I didn't enjoy it so much, but I'm trying to limit it and i'm hoping that will pay off!

Gosh my moods are up and down like mad at the moment. Yesterday I just felt gloomy and miserable. Sorry for myself because I was depriving myself of food that I fancied yet angry with myself for even considering going off the rails! In the end I counted carefully all day and in the evening we had a chinese take-away, so I ended up 400 cals over. Not a disaster by any means and I really enjoyed it, so i feel it was worth it. If i can't have treats there is no chance I will stick this out. So on I go, feeling less grumpy today, so here's hoping for a good result in a day or two on the scales.

Back