Barb's Up and Down Diary

Barb

Gold Member
Well having had a good think overnight I havd decided to give this one a go. I have only ever done cal counting diets in the past but really can't face going back to that full time, so this seems like a real opportunity to fit a diet into my life rather than the other way around.
As I have been having a steady diet of up days for a while I am starting today on a down day. Will revisit the website and get some more info then let you all know how it's going!
I take on board what Karion said about the binge aspects, but I've never been a binger, just a rather naughty nibbler, so I think I will be fine. All cross your fingers for me - I really want to make this work!

Back later with an update.

Love Barb xx:)

Oooh Barbs. Can't wait to hear how you get on, sounds an interesting diet/way of life!

Morning Barb just wanted to pop by and say hi to u and to say that i know u r going to sucseed in any plan you choose to follow.
Hope u have a good day looking forward to chatting 2 u soon, take care xx

So nice to see you posting again Barb ... looking forward to following your progress :)

Thanks Geri - I am feeling very positive and up beat. Haven't felt like this in a very long time. I really hope that this is going to be a plan for life.
Half way through a down day and so far so good!

Love

Hoping this is 'the one' for both of us Barb! It'll be great only having to strictly diet for three meals at a time :)

Woohoo we have a starter :)

A couple of tips. Most people find the DD easier if they delay eating until as late as possible. Many wait until their evening meal.

There's plenty of food in your stomach from the day before to keep you going until then, and eating something can often stimulate your stomach to expect more.

The original idea was to fast on the DD, but many didn't like the idea of that, so it was decided that people could still lose on under 500. Still...lots of people fast, and it's not hard.

Fasting for a day will not make you ill;) Lots of religions do that anyway. I remember we had days of fasting in the 'order' and we all felt very energised.

Be careful what you read on the scales. The UD and DD will cause massive fluctuations. Daily weighing isn't really ideal for JUDDD unless you get your head right first;)

Very best of luck with this Barb and RD!!. It's certainly a diet I would be happy to try if I needed to.

Thanks KD, it's great to have your input, very reassuring to know that you have researched this diet so well. I can understand the idea about fasting, I must say i was much hungrier after my cup of soup than I was before! Have just had a bowl of melon, 45 cals well spent as I was feeling very hungry. I don't mind the hunger pangs though, because I really feel this is going to do it for me.
So thrilled that RD is doing it too, we both need a real fresh start to get us going and this is going to do it.
I feel really energised by the whole thing!

Love

I'm glad to be doing it alongside you too Barb ... we go back quite a way now and I'm over-the-moon to be at the same point as you at the same time - destiny?? ;)

Yeah, without a doubt! Have you checked out the 'traineo' website yet? Some really interesting post on their JUDDD forum.

I haven't seen it yet Barb but will check it out when I get back from my CDCs and Asda.

Not sure what to tell my CDC as I want to continue getting supplies from her - should I just 'come clean'?

Don't think I want to get weighed though - logging a gain is just too depressing.

Yes, I would come clean, after all you still will buy products from her, (for a while at least) and you are forging ahead with a great new plan. If she is a supportive person she will be pleased for you. I know I am !

Love

I'm joining you :)
Haven't posted for aaaages. I'm hovering just under 11 stone and only need to lose about 10-12 pounds to get to target, so today was my first down day, I've already consumed my alloted 440 calories, but I CAN and WILL wait until tomorrow to eat anything else, it's not that far away, and I'm not really hungry, actually I'm not hungry at all!
Am fascinated by this diet
kate

I 'fessed up' to my CDC Barb and she was absolutely fine about it. SO now I can forge ahead without feeling like I'm doing something shady behind her back :)

How has your day been Barb? I agree with you that it's probably easier for us CDers to get our heads around the 500cal 'down' day but I'm sure you'll get into a routine and find the low cal foods that work for you.

Hi Debbie, glad she was ok about it, you don't want any negativity from anyone right now.
My day has been GREAT, I have kept to my cals ( I have 30 left for a few strawberries later) and I feel happy, confident and in control. My Dh is really enthusiastic too, he started off with the usual 'I love you as you are' stuff, which is always good to hear but I asked him to look at the website and ofcourse if there is any whiff of science involved he is interested. He really believes it is going to work and that is a huge help to me; usually when I start a diet you can see hime cringing as I enthusiastically rant that ' this is it, I'm going to do it this time'. he can see the sense of this plan just like we can. I am so excited.
My youngest daughter (19) is joining me on Wednesday as she wants to have the same pattern with me, this will save her the effort of working our her 500cals the lazy little monkey! I am pleased for her though as she longs to be slim like her size 8 sister but struggles to stay a 14. Great to see Lillypad joining us, we seem to be quite a little band of Judders!

Hope you have a good evening Debbie and look forward to tomorrow when you can just eat normally without worrying about how good or bad you are being. Thats the bit for me, no more punishing lectures to myself about how 'bad' I've been.

Love

Hello all you lovely Juddders - will be reading with interest to see how you all get on, it does sound like a very good idea.

All the best
xx

Ok, day one as a DD done and I am very pleased with myself. Got to 9pm last night and I was cold and hungry so had a cup of tea and one biscuit which took my days cals to 520. Happy with that, after all, I am not used to that low a number so I think I did pretty well. Got on scales this am, know I shouldn't but just took a peek, 2.5lbs gone!!!!!
Looking forward to a good day, eating normally and planning sensibly for tomorrow.

Well done Barb!
I'm so hoping this system is going to work - it 'seems' to offer the best of both worlds: guilt free eating WITHIN a structured approach.

Good luck on your UP day ... I'm still finding it hard to imagine I can eat AND lose weight but I'm willing to give it my best shot. Catch you later :)

Back