Barb's Up and Down Diary

Another day done Barb ... and we've got our UP day tomorrow! Joy!! :D

Morning all! A good day yesterday, easier than the first DD, definately worked having most of my cals later. Am 2.5lbs down so far so very pleased with that. Really need to stay off the scales till Monday now! UD today and feels nice to have a break knowing tomorrow is a DD and then back to an UD for Saturday. This is just so do-able!!!!

Well done i'm fascinated at how this is going to pan out for you guys!!!!

Hope ur up day is going well for ya

love

It's weird, I have been so busy today it has been a job to fit in eating - if I am on a 'normal' diet food is always at the front of my mind. Just had some cherries and strawberries - really lovely, tonight we are having a barbie, no guilt, no stress and lots of low cal stuff planned for DD tomorrow. I love this plan!!!!
My daughter Rachel is getting on well too, she is loving the variety just like the rest of us. Really pleased for her and with her!

Oh Barb. It really sounds like you've found the right diet for you :) I'm really pleased for you :)

Wish I had mentioned it last year now!

Gosh Karion so do I - still the important thing is you did mention it. Actually I think the timing was spot on. I think i was at my lowest ebb weight wise and was really finding the whole issue totally depressing. Then JUDDD came along and suddenly EVERYTHING is different. I am so grateful to you.

I had a good UD, drank a little too much wine at the barbie but did not over or undereat. This is the great thing with this 'plan' it take the all or nothing out.

I have a good DD planned, popped into M&S yesterdya and got some lovely fruit and salad and some of their count on us meals which Rachel and I are going to share, which will work out very well I hope. Some of their meals come out as low as 200 cals though so excellent for a night when I can'r be bothered to do all the maths!

Here's to another great day of Judddering!

Morning Barb hun how r u doing on the Judders diet was reading up a bit on it the other day it sounds interesting.
Hope u have a good day take care xx

Thanks Roch, yes it's going great! I have so far had only 30 cals today and am off home in a minute for some fruit for lunch. I'm finding i need more cals later in the day, thats when I am hungriest, at the moment I am not too bad!

Really excited about this plan and looking forward to seeing some good results!

Love

Okay, nearly 6pm and still 351 cals left! Going to have a crab gratin pot from M&S, 185 cals with a crspy green salad. I Love the crab gratin, it is very tasty so although it is a small dish it goes along way because of the flavour! I must admit this pm has been tough, from 2.30pm I have been seriously hungry and just when I was seriously considering 50cals of something my husband said, ' you are doing so well, I really think this is going to wotk for you and tomorrow you can have what you fancy without any guilt' - gosh, I do love him, nearly 29 years and he still surprises me. Also he made his own sandwich today, may not sound like much but he is a man allergic to the kitchen, thats why we eat out a lot because he doesn't help with food at all. So, feeling chuffed and loved, there's no better combination!

Well done on doing so well Barb - and what a diamond of a hubby!!
Just the rest of the evening to get through and then you'll be on your next Upday :)

Did really well last evening. Had my planned dinner and still had 144 cals left. Waited till 9pm then had a lovely bowl of Skinny Cow toffee ice cream, at 108 cals for 100ml it is really yum. I had 144 cals worth and for the first time following a DD I slept really well. I feel like I am getting the hang of this. One thing though, I don't think the bowl of fruit is a great idea for lunch, within half an hour I was really hungry so may go back to the cup a soup for lunch. UD today and am going to waitrose to research some lowcal stuff so that I am well organised for my DD's.

Judddering is really the way forward, it's an UD, nearly 9am and I am not even hungry!!!!!!

Morning Barb

I am so proud of all of as JUDDDerers we are all doing so well. :grouphugg:

Have a great weekend

Dizzy x

Very excited 3.75lbs down today! Yipppeeeeee:D

Very excited 3.75lbs down today! Yipppeeeeee:D

That's amazing Barb! No wonder you're over the moon :)

I weighed myself this morning and am still 6lb down after an upward swing following a UD. After today (UD) and tomorrow (not sure) I'm hoping that I'll be charting a week 1 loss of at least 2lb. Here's hoping!

Enjoy your UD Barb!

You will, you will, you will! I am very chuffed. It makes such a difference knowing I can stick to this. The DD's are getting easier,yesterday afternoon was tough but the evening was much better. That skinny cow ice cream tastes like it's high cal but it isn't. I am definately going to save a 100+ cals for 9ish in the evening. How are you today Debbie, feeling brighter? If you can keep that outlook, 2lbs a week is great any more an absolute bonus, then you can stick with this till you're done!

I reckon I am going to aim at 11stone, I think 10 would be too low for me as I am knocking 49! If I can do 8-10lbs a month I will be there for Christmas. I do believe that is about what you have in mind time wise too.

Imagine Christmas, buying whatever you wanted to wear, where ever you like!

Oh do let us know how you get on and well done x

Thanks Trish, you can bet we will! Especially if the results are good (which they will be)- we'll be shouting them from the rooftops.
I think this plan is fab - I just know I can do it long term and I can honestly say I have NEVER felt like this before ever. Also my husband is fine with it - he isn't putting up with the mood swings, the grumpiness and the death of our social life that he normally experiences.

So all good all round. Just been shopping and bought an apple yum yum, it was YUM YUM! No guilt, just enjoyed. Also got some good cal counted ready meals etc.. so did very well.

I'd like to get to about 10st Barb ... I'm only 5' 2" and my BMI would be just over 25 at that weight (so still a tad outside 'healthy') but I don't want to go lower just for the sake of numbers and end up looking like a sharpei!

I have 75lb to go in order to reach that goal ... I calculated that would take me 9 months at 8lb per month. That would get me to my goal by my birthday next Jan. Of course, any more than 8lb per month and I'd be there sooner!

How are you enjoying your UD? I've had a bowl of porrige with fuit & nuts in, a pear and a pot of low fat cottage cheese with 3 Ryvita dark rye biscuits. I'm off to Hayling Island funfair with the family in a while and feel very full so no chips, ice-cream or candy floss for me! :)

It's chicken and veg on the menu for me tonight ... will probably have a CD mousse for dessert and have a packet of chocolate buttons charged and ready for an early night with hubby (choccie buttons, a glass of port and the some silly arcade games on the laptop in bed ... bliss!) :character00100:

Enjoy the rest of your day :D

Hi RD, I am having a good UD - just feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing really. I agree with you about avoiding looking like a sharpei - thats why I was thinking 11ish - I remember being that after my first son was born and thinking I was enormous! I am 5ft1 so should really be under 10 but I am not going to be paranoid about it. A steady loss and stop when it feels right would be ideal. Had a light lunch, probably be a chinese tonight, still as long as I am around the 2000cals that will be fine. I don't tend to go for the 'battered' stuff with oriental food and I stick with boiled rice so that should be ok!
Looking forward to completing the 1st week and being able to log the first amount down!

Weirdly I look forward to the DD's as much as the UD's, do you?

Love

HI,thinking about giving this a go, can you please tell me how much you have lost in total since starting.Thanks, wishing you every success.

Back