Bars and weight loss

poppygreendog

Silver Member
Hi everyone

Its the start of my 3rd week so I have ordered bars and am finding that I really like them, its just a nice change to have something to chew every day (lol). My question is, do they slow down weight loss, I will be mortified if this happens as I could be very content last out the rest of my journey on 2 tetras and a bar a day.

Hope someone can help.

Sara
xx

i think they can do but it's different for each person. i think they can cause water retention in some and a slowdown in weight loss in others and then no reaction at all to others. the only way to know is to keep an eye on it and see what happens... i'm going to have my first bar for lunch today :D

abz xx

Just have to monitor it I guess:(

I really love them, this week I have the peanut and cranberry varieties cos they have the lowest calories (how obsessive is that!). Next week I'm going to try the orange and choc ones too. What flavours have you got.

Sara:)

today i have the cranberry one. think i got the choc one and the toffee one...

abz xx

Depends who your asking lol Some CDC say its all a myth as they have people having 2 a day and still getting good losses . Might make you do a few more bottom burps , might i'm sure you can put up with that lol

when i dont it last year i started having the bars in my 3rd week i dont think it slowed down weight loss but i know that it made me more eager to chew and want food and so half way through my 3rd week i gave in and had a huge bowl of pasta and everything else and have only now realised that i need to get back into it, only on day 3 and doing well so far but its still early days!

Not only do they slow my weightloss dow (2lbs max every week!!!:eek:) but they actually knocked me out of ketosis because I'm carb sensitive apparently! Sad really because I really like the peanut one!:cry:

Kelly, I thought the peanut and cranberry ones had the same carbs as the shakes. The others are higher.

i have a bar a day and i lost 5 1/2 lb this week, but did notice that the fudgy type ones (caramel , choc, toffee orange ) did appear to knock me out of ketosis but fine with the cranberry.

Lea xx

Back