bars dilemma

MandyMc

Hi all

Looking for some advice. I have two tetras a day and a soup. I don't like CD soups all that much - tend to go for tomato chilli because it's easier to make.

I am so tempted to tell my CDC I don't want any more soups and have a bar instead. I have had bars before and know I really like the peanut one.

But... when I started Cambridge my CDC did say that some people lose more slowly on bars and tetras and she thought I should have a savoury option once a day. I'm lucky enough to be fairly close to goal and I don't want to get demotivated now. What does anyone think?

I have 1 bar & 3 tetras per day. There's no way of knowing if it slows you down but I can't bare the thought of anything else. Last time I did it the same & lost 4 stones in 3 months so wouldn't have thought it does. This is such a restrictive diet that you need to make it as easy for yourself as you can within the rules. I say go for it :)

Ive never hear anyone say the bars can slow it down ?

I'm back to work today and work shifts..... MY cdc suggested I try bars and tetras from next week as like most of us I will now be very busy therefore the tetras and bars could make life easier for me, I'm going to see how I get on until Wed as I will need to let her know what to bring on Sat but will be interested to hear what others think about them slowing down the losses x

The peanut bars have the same amount of carbs in as tetras. Slightly less carb, actually.

I say go for it. I'd be really really really surprised if having a peanut bar instead of a soup slowed you down. I don't actually see how it could (the chewy bars might because they contain more carbs in the form of polyols).

I always think bars get an unfairly bad rap. I've written about this before, so I'll save myself the trouble of writing it all again and link to an old post, LOL: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/183865-do-bars-slow-weight-loss-down.html#post3100059

i find bars make me more hungry - i have to be quite restarined with them otherwise i personally feel i want to chomp everything in sight - its probably the eating action and physcologically makes me want to eat not cos i am hungry if that makes sense - bars tend to be a slippery slope with me so i have to exercise caution, but thats just my experience V x

im only new to this, day 2, but even if you do have a bar the calories you are taking is still reallly low and your losses have been fab to date, super well done on your losses! i know come week 3 ill be getting a few bars to keep me going x just another thougt have you thought of trying ss+ for your last month x

Thanks everyone for your kind words and helpful advice. I'm going to go for it and get two week's worth of crunchy bars, ooohhh can't wait for weigh-in now, I can almost taste them already!

I have 2 tetra's a day and a bar (since week 5 used to be 3 tetra's) and i cant say if it slowed my losses down or not but i think i have had pretty good losses so far and i really enjoy them.. like said above this diet is hard enough so if it makes it easier for you go for it. For me its like a little treat but i must agree with lastbiscuit they do tend to make me feel a bit more hungry =D

I have 2 bars a day a tetra or shake and SS+ meal and lost 8lb on my 4th week. So they dont slow me down. :D

Last edited:
more energy put into chewing a bar = more calories burnt :p

I've found all the bars nasty to be honest. Won't be a problem for me. Only really enjoy the choc tetras x

Hey guys, apologies I don't mean to hijack the post, but I have a question and not able to start a new thread.

When I have the Lactose Free Chocolate Orange Shake and the Leek and Potato Soup, it seems to come back on me for the rest of the night - but not from any others, which I find very strange - does anyone else have this? :D

Never heard bars slow the weight loss down LOL, they wouldn't be on the SS plan if that was the case.

^ well they have more carbs in them so they *could* pull you out of ketosis and slow weightless slightly, no one I know that has them has actually encountered this yet though!

Did you try the bars? If so did you just stick with crunchy and how has it impacted your loss?

Im going to try the bars this week. Not keen on soups so will have a tetra, bar and a shake a day for the next week and see how that impacts me next week. I cant wait to try them and if I enjoy them but it means me loosing a 1lb a week less then so be it :) Id rather enjoy my diet and get to goal a but slower.

I don't have a different weight loss with the bars :) so I wouldn't worry too much

Never heard bars slow the weight loss down LOL, they wouldn't be on the SS plan if that was the case.

some people are more keto-sensitive than others - best to have them once your firmly in a ketogenic state otherwise it can slow you down from into getting into keto.

lastbiscuit said:
some people are more keto-sensitive than others - best to have them once your firmly in a ketogenic state otherwise it can slow you down from into getting into keto.

I can honestly say I am truly in ketosis... my breath will vouch for that.. yuk! x

Back