Bars or extra pack

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dmwg40, 24 September 2007 Social URL.

1. dmwg40

dmwg40 Member

I have a question, when i get extreme hungry ones of those days would i be better just having a extra pack or just having a 2nd bar instead?

I am on Sole Source and 4 packs a day. i drink 6 odd litres of water a day plus a few black coffees

cheers

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

A pack. Less calories and less carbs. Although the ideal scenario would be to have nothing extra obviously.

4. dmwg40

dmwg40 Member

i mean would i be better with just having 2 bars and 2 packs or 5 packets ?
    cheers

5. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Ummmmm i would guess 2 bars and 2 packs. Some bars have less carbs than others (like the peanut and cranberry) so i guess two of those might not make much difference. Strictly speaking though there is a reason why you should have 3 x packs and 1 x bar. Although not exactly sure what it is!

6. stilltoowide

stilltoowide Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(11.83%)
    HI

Sorry to be negative BT if you are following the program correctly you should not be getting ANY EXTREMELY hungry days, as you are in ketosis! Well done on the water thats great at 6 litres. I would stick to 4 packs. Or 1 bar and 3 packs OR IF you have to have something extra 4 packs and 1 bar. If you are getting hungry try splitting the packs - so in theory you could have 6 mini meals and 1 bar a day.

Hope this helps

7. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    3 packs of 137 cals + 1 bar at 175 cals = 586 calories
    2 packs of 137 + 2 bars at 175 cals = 624 calories

So better for you to stick to 3 packs plus one bar otherwise weight loss will be lower as you would be taking in more calories by having 2 of each. Carb content of bars is also presumable higher so you'd get knocked out of ketosis quicker by having 2 bars.

8. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    If someone is going to have more than they should really then wouldn't it be better to have 5 packs rather than 4 packs plus a bar?

9. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

5 packs of 137 cals = 685 calories
    2 packs of 137 + 2 bars at 175 cals = 624 calories

I think this was the original comparison question....???

10. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet

Obviously I didn't put my brain in gear today - yes 2 + 2 is the better option. I Can't add up properly but then I'm only an Accountant :D

11. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

LOL i read it the wrong way first of all - let's put it down to the fact it's MONDAY!!! :D

12. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    The problem is the extra pack may very well knock you out of ketosis and hence you will be more hungry and the vicious circle begins...

If you test for ketosis using the ketostix and you are in then it is most likely psychological hunger as opposed to physical hunger and the extra pack won't help with that.

If you feel you need the extra intake then you are better moving to Cambridge 790 as a recognised programme as then you don't get the overage of nutrients and are on a ketotic diet again.

Mike

13. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

Hehe - the confusion has made me chuckle. :)

If you do decide to have two packs and two bars, stick with the peanut and/or cranberry, as they contain a similar amount of carbs to the sachets, so shouldn't take you out of ketosis. As has been said though, the bars contain more calories. Bear in mind that the peanut contains 40 more cals than the sachets, whereas the cranberry contains only 20 more cals than the sachets.

Jo x

14. dmwg40

dmwg40 Member

thanks for all your replies

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.