Bars

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Does anyone know if eating the bars effects weight loss? The reason I ask is that I could only eat a couple of CD bars a week or it would slow down my loss. But, Exante bars are completely different - and I LOVE THEM:D

I have bought the bumper pack with is designed for one shake, one soup and one bar per day, but I would hate to be eating them and they stop me losing. My CDC used to tell me to not eat them one week and monitor my loss, then eat one the next, two the next etc.

Would welcome any advice.

Mia 1 bar a day hun and have them now if u want CD rules are not needed on this diet.!!

Mia only 1 bar hun lol lol they are lovely arent they x

Hi Shanny, thanks luv. Its hard not to compare the two diets isn't it? I'm trying to get CD out of my head lol. It's like WW and SW - I always compare the two and I KNOW ITS WRONG!!!!

I am having one a day and I love them, but I am crippled with pains in my stomach some nights. I can only think it's either the bars or the chewing gum.

I am just worried becasue sometimes what agrees with one, doesn't always agree with another. I love the bars but to be honest I can't enjoy them becasue I feel guilty eating them. Does anyone understand that or do I sound like a numpty? :)

I am just worried becasue sometimes what agrees with one, doesn't always agree with another. I love the bars but to be honest I can't enjoy them becasue I feel guilty eating them. Does anyone understand that or do I sound like a numpty? :)

I know exactly what you mean!!! I've been eating them thinking mmm this is faaaarr too nice!! And huge!!!

I have the bumper pack too but think I am going to do a few days a week without a bar... if I can manage it!

I tired to do that tonight - but couldn't manage it :D

I have the bumper pack too but think I am going to do a few days a week without a bar... if I can manage it!

But why??? If youre enjoying them why stop having them :confused:

Plus the fact youll end up with a surplus of them. The bumper packs are sold allowing you to have one shake, one soup and one bar every day..... so go for it ;)

Tee hee crooked thinking. Yes why AM I being so sadistic??!!! Yum yum bars bars bars!!!

Noooo way Mia eat the bars and enjoy.!!! I have 3 more left words can't explain how gutted I am to know they r cuming to an end.

Break your bar in two and have throughout the day ??

No guilt most go on lol lol enjoy Mia and stop worrying. X

So what would be the consequences of 2 bars? I am STARVING today and I want to chew something. I've already had a bar at 5.00 p.m. and at this moment in time the thought of a shake just doesn't cut it. I really really want another bar. Would it be too much damage do you think?

Go to bed Mia or have a chewing gum... naughty but a few gums wont hurt .!

nooo second bar allowed you no the rules LOL

Mia, it's not advisable to have a second bar, but if it is the difference between having a bar and falling off the wagon, or feeling sick, then you could have a bar, but the consquences may be that you go out of ketosis or don't lose as much, but I'm really not sure. If you can increase your water intake and do a bit of extra exercise, say 200-300 calories worth, it may negate any repercussions.

But before you do, how about having some hot bouillon if you are really hungry. Have a cup of this half an hour before your soup. Coke zero and Dr Pepper zero is also allowed. Plus of course water, tea and coffee. These could fill you up making you feel more satisfied when you have your soup.

Why not try these before having a bar?

This works for me:
Shake for breakfast with plenty of ice and water
Bar for lunch, but if I can, I cut about a quarter of the bar off and have that about an hour after the soup I have for supper. I nibble it slowly and really look forward to it.

Also, to make my soups go further and feel more filling I put some hot pepper sauce (Encona Hot is my favourite), and at least double the amount of water so I get 500-600mls of soup. I add a small amount of fresh parsley or coriander depending on what flavour I have.

A couple of times I have been so hungry I have had to have another soup making 1 shake, 1 bar and 2 soups. Otherwise I would have hit the fridge or fruitbowl. That was before I was in ketosis, and I am finding it a bit easier now, but I am still pretty hungry by mid evening. I'm teaching myself that it is normal to feel hungry between meals. That's the way we evolved. It's new for me because I always grazed when I was bit peckish or bored, or just fancied something, and I still had three meals a day. That's why I put on all the weight.

Last edited:
Thanks. OK, I'm not having it. Just wish I had of left it until my last meal :)

a second bar would alter the carb balance temporarily and may cause constipation. but it is better than falling off the wagon completely. hope that helps. xx

Back