Total Solution Bars

honeypop

Gold Member
Does the exante, tesco and BL bars slow down weight loss? Just before I go out and buy them

no it doesn't slow down weight loss :)

Don't know about the ones you mentioned becasue I have eaten them from day 1, but on CD you are not allowed them until week 3 as they do effect weight loss. I can vouch for that too - I could only eat 2 a week.

I have a tesco bar every night because I love them. This diet is hard enough without depriving myself of a little bar for my supper.

Well they did! That's why I could only eat max 2 a week or I didn't lose weight, or very little. Something to do with carbs etc.

I'm not doubting you I just genuinely don't understand how it can be possible. weight loss is all about the calorie deficit. Bars are the same as shakes. I just don't know how something with the same calorie intake could slow losses. Could it maybe have just been a naturally slower week or 2 as happens :)

I'm looking for something to blame this week but my rational side can't point the finger at A specific thing much as I'd like to. I think it's just one of those weeks when I'm having a rubbish loss

I went to tescos and they had no bars :( I'm going to try the bigger tescos. I enjoyed having a bar last night for dinner x

I dont know how to double quote on here so I'll reply separate :)

Starlight - ok. I agree with you, I could never understand it either. One month I only lost about 8lb and had to stop eating the bars altogether and go back to the first 2 week stage - shakes and soups only. I could never get away with them weight wise to be honest and used to argue the toss with my CDC (good job I was friends with her :)). How can we put 600 cals into our bodies and not lose ???????? It's beyond me x

Honeypop I went to 3 Tesco's before I found them. You have to go to an Extra store. It's worth it though, they are gooorrrrjjjjuuuusssss :D

Starlight - ok. I agree with you, I could never understand it either. One month I only lost about 8lb and had to stop eating the bars altogether and go back to the first 2 week stage - shakes and soups only. I could never get away with them weight wise to be honest and used to argue the toss with my CDC (good job I was friends with her :)). How can we put 600 cals into our bodies and not lose ???????? It's beyond me x

Thats my thinking too its just mad lol But hey our bodies are strange things at times.

Id LOVE to know the actual scientific reason if there is one lol

Well this morning I lost 1lb after having a BL breakfast meal replacement bar. It was so damn gorgeous I'm having one for my dinner tonight. They are £2 per bar. How much are the tescos ones?

I don't think we are supposed to have more than one bar per day? I would check it out if I were you just in case.

The tesco bars are on offer at the moment, 3 for 2. Haven't got my receipt handy but they are about £2.55 for a box of 3 so if you get 3 boxes and pay for 2 it comes to £5.10 making that 56p each

Last edited:
no more than 1 bar a day

I meant I had bar last night and lost 1lb this morning and having another one tonight

They are meal replacement bars which have similar ingredients etc. to the Exante bars. I got the info from this forum and tried them only this week. They are lush - expecially the Raspberry ones Mmmmmmm

Back