Bars?

lancsgirl

yummy mummy in the making
Ok not sure if this had a thread somewhere but I couldn't find one, I've had a bar a day this week and I'm sure they've made me feel even more hungry? Anyone else found this?

I have a bar every day, and i find it's a godsend - doesn't make me feel more hungry tbh.
Lx

They have more carbs in so you shouldn't have them if you are very carb sensitive as it can kick you out of ketosis. Also, you have to be certain you are fully in ketosis before you have them ie:not a single 'cheat' for 2 weeks.

I love the bars. Especially if you keep them in the fridge and cut them up into little pieces!

Erm... really?! lol

My Consultant has never mentioned being completely in ketosis before giving me the bars... you are allowed these bars. Are you saying that it takes a full two weeks of not "cheating" to be in ketosis? I thought it normally takes around 3 days to get into ketosis?! And regarding the carb content, considering the amount of carbs i was having a month ago, the carbs in a bar really isn't going to kill you!

I love the bars too, especially with a hot mug of black coffee!!

lx

People can live off 3 bars a day and stay in Ketosis. I used to have 2 a day and stayed in Ketosis :)

I have 2 bars a day and my weight losses are fine.

see how you get on with them, dont be scared to try them for a week, when you can, and maybe test yourself if you gave ketostix for ketosis and stop the bars if you are 100% on ss and it could only be the bars effecting your ketosis. I have 1 bar and am still in ketosis x

The peanut and cranberry and maybe mint? Have 15g of carbs in so same as a shake so can't see why would be any different x X

They wouldn't make bars for a ketogenic diet, if they kicked you out of ketosis. It wouldn't be logical x

It is stated In the book, and from memory on the website, that you should only have one bar a day as more and it's possible they can kick you out of ketosis. Some people are less sensitive and can have more, it really depends on you. Also it is also advertised that you shouldn't have the bars for the first 2 weeks. I think this is because it's harder to get into ketosis. So for instance some things can stop you actually getting into ketosis, but once you are there fully, the same things won't necessarily kick you out of it. I personally can't have them, they are a massive trigger food for me, but I do enjoy them when I do have them! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My cdc gave me bars in the first week - she said they can be a problem if you are carb sensitive. However, the crunchy ones don't have as many carbs as chewy so on occasion when I do have 2 bars they're both crunchy. The book says to only have one, also because they have malitol in which can cause abdominal problems & upset stomachs.

In reply to the OP, there have been threads on here & on the LL forum who said they make them hungry so don't have them. I find mine invaluable!

What's your favourite bars?

Don't like: chocolate, choc mint, lemon crunch

Like: orange, peanut, malt toffee

Still got cranberry to try....

Chocolate peanut bars all the way! :)

They don't make me feel more hungry, but i do feel more full after a bar! x

xSinead said:
Chocolate peanut bars all the way! :)

They don't make me feel more hungry, but i do feel more full after a bar! x

Def my fav bar!! Dissapointed by the rest of the bars. Its a shame I cant have more than 1 a day
:-( that would make it easier! x

the bars shouldnt make any difference to your diet or they woyldnt give you them, think you are only allowed 1 a day,

swivlehips said:
the bars shouldnt make any difference to your diet or they woyldnt give you them, think you are only allowed 1 a day,

Ofcourse they wouldnt be part if SS. I agree. Id happily live on 2 bars and a tetra each day!!

I'd also love 2 bars a day, would be way better! Lol x

Back