Bars

nyssa88

Silver Member
I need some more bars I have plenty of meals and shakes left but don't want to pay £1.80 a bar plus postage, I've been looking on eBay and found bars by 'billys diet' which states that they are low carb high protein, 150 cals per bar, carbs vary 5.6-11.2 per bar but protein is quite high at 15g per bar, would these be ok to have if I'm taking mu multi vit as they are much cheaper at £10 for 7 bars Inc postage.

Thanks

I really wouldn't like to say.
I am sure I have read on here somewhere that people were buying things from low carb megastore online but again I wouldn't like to say. Hopefully someone else who is more knowledgeable in it all will be along soon :)

Compare them with a close style of bar from s&s and weigh up the differences. You need to be under 80g carbs a day for ketosis.

Xx

You need to ensure that they are MRP bars.

What's MRP and MPB? xx

Doesn't mater got it lol x

Both meal replacement bars and actually just double checked and they art snack bars not replacement bars :-(

I will cough up and get ones from sns to be safe x

I'm off to Tesco soon may look into them and they same sort of values as s&s? X

I have been using some dietimeal ones made by same company, same nutritional info . Tide me over till next proper order Xx

I just checked the tesco ones and they have alot more carbs and calories per bar around 25g of carbs per bar will have a look at the dietimeal ones x

Have you looked at Avidlite? They have the choc truffa and lemon meal replacement bars instock and they are identical to the slim and save ones. I've used them in the past and the customer service has always been great.

What about Atkins bars?

The Advantage bars are MRP bars but they have many more calories than a S&S bar. I have them twice a week as a special treat. Wouldn't have them every day.

Never thought about having them as a treat and there are so many bars out there in lovely flavours, may have to get a few z

Just be careful as people have been known to crack and binge on bars. Some people can't have them in the house.

I actually had an atkins bar today as a treat i know the calories are a bit higher than the normal bars but i didnt want more after, it was lovely and sooo filling!

im going to allow myself them once a week as a treat, i have been 100% for almost 12 weeks now so dont think i will binge as im fine with having the other bars in the house but i wont keep the atkin ones in the house to be safe :)

I put my bars in the freezer - that way I can't eat them without planning to and thawing one out.

So far so good!!

RebekahR said:
I put my bars in the freezer - that way I can't eat them without planning to and thawing one out.

So far so good!!

That's a great idea!!

Back