Bars

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Eileen, 15 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    What are they like?
    what are your favorites & why?
    Im just wondering as i can have them next week, im looking forward too something too chew.
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Delli

Delli Talks too much

i love the chocolate orange ones!! would love to eat them after i finish cd!

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    All the bars are super yummy! the malt toffee is the best in my opinion, closely followed by the cranberry....

Mike

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Definately the chocolate orange.....................

6. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I love all of them but particularly the Peanut followed by the Caramel

7. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I love them all but only ever have cranberry (my absolute fave) and peanut (a close second) :p

8. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

I preferred the cranberry when it used to pull your teeth out :giggle:

I like the Malt Toffee .... yum. That reminds me I should buy some! I haven't had any in ages.

The first time I tried choc-orange I thought "there's no way this could be a diet food!". It's nice, its a bit like jaffa bake without the jelly orange and the cake ... more filling. Im not a huge fan of choc-orange combo's but I make an exception with the CD bars!

I also like the plain chocolate and happily eat the peanut with a cup of tea.

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    They didn't have the peanut or cranberry when I was doing it, but I did get to taste one when they first came out.

OMG....you need mighty strong teeth. There was talk of changing the recipe because of it?? Dont' know whether they did.

I did like them all, but the malt was my favourite. Reminded me of a finger of fudge. I always had half a soup for dinner and half a malt bar with big coffee when the kids had gone to bed. It was a really special time and kept me going knowing I had that to come :)

10. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i like the chocolate and the malt toffee bars made into biscuits, having the toffee ones tonite :D

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    They did change the recipe of the cranberry ... when I first had them, they contained little bits of 'gravel' - kept me going for ages but you had to be careful not to break a tooth or crack a filling!

I can remember is used to cut one of the 'soft' ones up into very small squares, put them in a plastic container and stick it in the freezer. In the evening, they'd have become a yummy box of hard 'sweeties' which I'd nibble away on with a cuppa watching TV - bliss!

12. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I'll get to have bars next week too but I am in two minds about whether the bars would make it more difficult for me to stick to CD.

It's hard to explain but whilst I think it would be nice to have something to chew and I would like the variety, I'm worried about them making me feel tempted to pick at something I'm not supposed to. I'm undecided!:confused:

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I really think that if you are concerned and you are happy with the shakes and the soups, then it's best not to have the bars. Some people do find the bars slow their weight a bit anyway.

I loved the bars, but unless you really want them, I think you're better off leaving them alone.

14. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    Thanks everyone, i think ill order one of each & try them all. I cant wait.

15. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Cheers Karion, I think I will just stick to what I've been doing (shakes only, no soups unfortunately - can't stand their taste. I have drink of a Marigold bouillion drink when I need something savory)...I mean why fix it if it's not broken. Maybe later down the line if I need a change I might try them then.

16. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Exactly :) BTW, I think I've 'spoken' to you on the Cambridge thread on MSE;)

17. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    The peanut bars are still very firm!

I like them that way - in any event I put the Malt Toffee, Caramel and Chocolate bars in the fridge to make them more chewy!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. jacqui_xm

jacqui_xm Full Member

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Peanut is my favourite followed by Cranberry. They both last for ages as they are so chewy. A bar can last me an hour with lots of little nibbles.

20. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Yeah I got the idea of doing CD from there. I was going to do healthy eating in the New Year, to try to lose the weight very slowly. However, having tried and failed numerous times using that particular method & because I felt I needed to take the type of action where I would see results quickly in order to get some confidence back, I thought CD could be for me & so far so good!!

Who are you on MSE? if you don't mind me asking?

21. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Deleted

Last edited: 20 January 2008
  22. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

(she's on every forum in the world including ones designed for music teachers that know everything about everything - innit KD! :D:D:D)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.