Bars????

Rubydebi

Hi again..
Just a quick question - my councillor told me not to have bars until after 2 weeks however, do you think it would hurt if I had them in my second week?? It's just something to chew would be lovely!!

Has anyone else had the bars from the start / second week??
Thanks!

Hi
i just started back today, having attempted CD before and im using the bars from the start. I did this last time around because I found I just couldn't stand any of the shakes or porridges. this is because I hate milk or creamy things and all of them tasted milky to me and made me gag! Despite my councillor advising me to wait 2 weeks, just like yours, I had 2soups and 1 bar each day and found it had no adverse affect on my weight loss, that is until I started to cheat and fell off the wagon.... Everyone's different of course, but I know that this time using the bars from day 1 will help me stick with it, as its a break from soups, and if you feel you are more likely to stay focused by having a bar or two thru the week, it might be worth a go.
good luck!

Ooo thanks for the reply! I can't see the harm it will do either!

Do u happen to know if your limited to 1 a day or can you do 3 a day if u want? Xx

Nope, I didn't see any harm either- they are a proper part of CD afterall! and I really found it helped. What I do is eat half for breakfast then cut the other half in to about 8 little pieces and nibble thru the day, it just feels like I'm treating myself!!
i think they advise only one a day, certainly what my counsellor said, but I think that's because they can increase possible constipation, cos they also suggest increasing your water intake by an additional half a litre once you start bars.
let me know how you get on!

Thanks Ewansmum,

I will ask my councillor for some when I see her next week on Wednesday!! xx

Hi,
You're only supposed to have 1 bar a day because of the higher calories and carbs which can slow you getting into ketosis, or affect ketosis once you're there. The bar can also cause wind and discomfort, so having more than one certainly isn't a good idea ;-) There's a FAQ in page 48 of the steps booklet about bars have a look at that. :)

Thanking u!!!!

Back