BBQ

Allgold78

Hi guys,

I've been invited to a birthday bash on Saturday and I'd like your advice on what (or what not) to eat please.

I can't even eat before I go and not eat there because I have to be there at 3pm to help her and will be staying there for the duration.

I take it a red day is the way to go???

Hi,
I'd take it as an EE day and eat any chicken and fish or kebabs (skin removed from chicken) but avoid burgers (unless they are home made with extra lean mince) and sausages.
If there are jacket or new potatoes then have those and of course any salads which are available.
If you have a small bread roll you can use this as your HEX B choice and if you have cheese you could use this as your HEX A choice.

BBQ's can be a nightmare but you can also eat really really well and stick to plan if you can resist temptation.
Good luck!

I would recommend either a Red day or and EE day.
Yesterday I had a Red Day Barbeque and made: chicken drumsticks, quorn sausages (surprisingly nice on BBQ), steak, gammon, veggie kebabs, syn free lamb burgers (will post recipie in section above) and was stuffed! Oh and of course a big bowl of salad!
You could include on an EE day, jacket potato, pasta/rice salad, corn on the cob too.

HTH!

Ah now, I've only been on SW a week and a half and haven't tackled extra easy yet. Could someone explain how it works please?

But in response, yes jackets sound like a great idea, I love them. Salad will be available, and chicken so so far so good......

Ok...short version of EE.
Any food that is free on a Red and Green Day, you can have.
You are only allowed 1 HeA and 1 HeB not the two.
Any syns you have should be taken at the lower value, so for example...1 oz cheese on a red day could be 6 syns, but on a Green day could be 4 syns, you would count the 4 (just an example and NOT exact!)

HTH?!

On EE you can have any foods which are free on red and green, up to 15 syns but the main thing is you only have one HEX B choice and one HEX A choice.
Did you get the little EE booklet when you joined? It explains it in much greater detail in there but the bare bones of it are above!

Oh ok, what about the meat and pasta? All still free?????

Lol...yes, you could on an EE day have meat and pasta/rice and potatoes. I havent followed the EE plan myself, but my Mum is a huge fan and is loosing weight really well.

Ooh, well, might just give that a go then. Sounds like it's a good idea for a day like that.

Thank you x

If you are helping to prepare, why not make a load of home made burgers? Completely free on red and EE.

xx

That's an idea. Could be my contribution to the party too!

Back