Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ebettley, 28 August 2011 Social URL.

1. ebettley

ebettley Full Member

Going to a friends BBQ tonight any ideas how to keep within my points?!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. selma

selma Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    So I went to a BBQ on Friday and worked out EVERYTHING before I went to help decide what to eat and then completely ignored everything and ended up eating a whole day's worth of points extra!! So here's where I went wrong in case it helps you...

I put all that I was allowed to eat on one plate in one go. (I had allocated 1 sausage, 2 pieces of chicken, salad and one piece of pitta) Next time I would take only 1/2 piece of pitta and one of the meat options so then I could go back and have the other half! The whole joy of a bbq is that you can keep going back :)

I ate 3 cupcakes! I had planned to eat 4 marshmallows cooked on the bbq, and fruit salad (I'd taken it!) and sugar free jelly (which I'd also taken!). 3 cupcakes at 5 points each was just unnecessary!

I started on the potato and pasta salads which were dripping with mayonnaise.

So, in short, and hopefully a more helpful response. Pile your plate with vegetables, offer to take a lower pointed dessert if you think you'll be tempted and wait till near the end before you start eating! On Friday, I was also next to the table when the food arrived so then there was no hope :(

Good luck. Let us know how you get on...
  4. ebettley

ebettley Full Member

Was quite good and didn't go too mad. Not totally sure I kept within my points! It was all yummy though.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.