• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Beanfeast?

we had the chilli one and made some boiled rice with it...lovely! and bloody quick!

Batchelors Beanfeast, Bolognese Style, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green Free
[/FONT]

[/FONT]Batchelors Beanfeast, Mexican Chilli, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 3½ Syns
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

Batchelors Beanfeast, Savoury Mince, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

2½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 2½ Syns
Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

snuggle69

Silver Member
hmmmm another good one for the store cupboard then, thanks for that

What's it made from? Is it similar to quorn, because I am intolerant to that. But I do miss eating this type of free/low syn food on Green days.

mojomcl

Silver Member
Quorn is a unique product...at least, I'm not aware of generic Quorn in the UK, although I believe it does exist.

I think Beanfeast is made from soya (but correct me if I'm wrong) but I find it has a texture more like TVP (which I suppose Soya is a type of).

Much cheaper than most Quorn, but I can't say I enjoy the *ahem* effects it has on me the following day ;-)

i gave the bolognase one to my meat'aholic' husband with a tin of tomatoes and a bit of extra quorn mince served with pasta and he loved it!! thought it was the 'real thing'!!! :) lol x

I have had this twice with my bf.... we thought it was ok the first time....the 2nd time i wasnt as impressed and it made him feel ill and throw up! I wouldnt recommend them if you dont like quorn in general, it has the same kind of taste, but more than a mothfull of quorn makes me dfeel a bit sick....its just the taste and the texture

I'm going to make a bolognaise and mushroom pasta bake using this for tea tomorrow, and I'm going to do it as a green day so I can make it nice and cheese on the top.

YUM YUM BUBBLEGUM!!

Thanks for bumping this up - I'm a veggie and used to eat this all the time. I used to buy it in health food shops - do you know if they sell it in Tesco now? Would really like to have some again. ZX

I bought 2 packs from Tesco today (about 90p each). They only had the bolognaise style one, but that's the one that's syn free.

Thanks Lucky!

I keep this in the house for those days you need something quick!!

I also take them along when we are in our caravan, really easy to make & with some cheese sprinkled on (using hEA) they are really ok, great, filling & cheap!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 1
Syn Values 5
Syn Values 10
Syn Values 3