Beanfeast?

They are quite nice :) Haven't had them for a while, but my Sister has them quite often and she's a fussy bugger :p

we had the chilli one and made some boiled rice with it...lovely! and bloody quick!

how many syns do these have?

Batchelors Beanfeast, Bolognese Style, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]

[/FONT]Batchelors Beanfeast, Mexican Chilli, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

Batchelors Beanfeast, Savoury Mince, made up as directed, dried 120g pack[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
2½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

hmmmm another good one for the store cupboard then, thanks for that

What's it made from? Is it similar to quorn, because I am intolerant to that. But I do miss eating this type of free/low syn food on Green days.

Quorn is a unique product...at least, I'm not aware of generic Quorn in the UK, although I believe it does exist.

I think Beanfeast is made from soya (but correct me if I'm wrong) but I find it has a texture more like TVP (which I suppose Soya is a type of).

Much cheaper than most Quorn, but I can't say I enjoy the *ahem* effects it has on me the following day ;-)

oh i had these years ago when i was veggie.
May have to invest for those days when i cannot be bothered to cooK!
xxxxx

I have had this twice with my bf.... we thought it was ok the first time....the 2nd time i wasnt as impressed and it made him feel ill and throw up! I wouldnt recommend them if you dont like quorn in general, it has the same kind of taste, but more than a mothfull of quorn makes me dfeel a bit sick....its just the taste and the texture

I'm going to make a bolognaise and mushroom pasta bake using this for tea tomorrow, and I'm going to do it as a green day so I can make it nice and cheese on the top.

YUM YUM BUBBLEGUM!!

Thanks for bumping this up - I'm a veggie and used to eat this all the time. I used to buy it in health food shops - do you know if they sell it in Tesco now? Would really like to have some again. ZX

I bought 2 packs from Tesco today (about 90p each). They only had the bolognaise style one, but that's the one that's syn free.

Thanks Lucky!

I keep this in the house for those days you need something quick!!

I also take them along when we are in our caravan, really easy to make & with some cheese sprinkled on (using hEA) they are really ok, great, filling & cheap!!

Back