beautiful?!?!?!?

yumymumywanabe

Fat be-gone
why does that word fill me with such dread, my husband just said to be you look beautiful today, i just kinda gave him a looks as to say ''yeah ok'', now yes he is my husband so must think im beautiful.. but in my mind set at 19st i doubt im beautiful... anyway that got me thinking, if my husband tells me im beautiful why cant i say ''thankyou'' and thinks he means it and is just not being nice.

Surely im not the only that cant take a compliment?!?!?! or am i :sigh2:

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. He loves you and he sees you as beautiful. That is just lovely. Enjoy it, he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

When my girlfriend tells me I'm beautiful I mentally add "somewhere in here I am!" I think she really does believe it, so even if I can't see it, I'm glad she can.

When my girlfriend tells me I'm beautiful I mentally add "somewhere in here I am!" I think she really does believe it, so even if I can't see it, I'm glad she can.

Aww, thats a really nice way of thinking of it hun.. i should start thinking like that :)

my o/h is the same, but then he's a boob man and being this big means my boobs are big too!! i dont think he notices much else!! haha. bless him. he's actually quite sad at the thought of me losing weight for that reason x

My Mr, tells me I'm beautiful all the time I hate it. It makes my stomach coil up and I want to cry. I'm abit better now but I still hate being given compliments!

my o/h is the same, but then he's a boob man and being this big means my boobs are big too!! i dont think he notices much else!! haha. bless him. he's actually quite sad at the thought of me losing weight for that reason x

Ha ha love it Colly, My OH is exactly the same :)

I never know what to do when my OH calls me beautiful either, normaly make it into a joke or laugh it off.

why does that word fill me with such dread, my husband just said to be you look beautiful today, i just kinda gave him a looks as to say ''yeah ok'', now yes he is my husband so must think im beautiful.. but in my mind set at 19st i doubt im beautiful... anyway that got me thinking, if my husband tells me im beautiful why cant i say ''thankyou'' and thinks he means it and is just not being nice.

Surely im not the only that cant take a compliment?!?!?! or am i :sigh2:

I do exactly the same thing, I think it's how we have been programmed that we MUST be ugly if we're big... :cry:

I want to lose my weight to be beautiful to me and to be fitter.

If my partner thinks I'm beautiful now he'll join me on my journey and just see me, what he sees now beyond the weight xx

I cant take compliments at all! I just laugh and say "you been drinking?" or something along those lines.

I dont think I am remotely attractive, so cant understand why anyone else would think I was.

LOL @ Colly strings, my hubby has the same mind set! But I think we will start to accept the compliments as we perceive our own confidence grow x

All women are beautiful.. ( well ok Susan Boyle might be stretching it a bit.. :) )..
It just takes the right man to recognise and appreciate that beauty.

oh you charmer you ;)

My boyfriend tells me I'm beutifu. I just say ' whatever' then he gets mad cos I can't take a compliment. I just feel like hrs lying to make me feel better about myself. I don't think I'm ugly at all but I'm not beautiful in my eyes x

I certainly do not feel beautiful. Not physically, I'm nothing special to look at, but I am a good person, and hope that maybe that shines through so I'm not ugly. I agree with the above, that you have to feel it to believe it, and I think that is a self-confidence thing.

As for compliments from the other half, I've grown used to the fact that it ain't gonna happen. In over two years, the nearest I've got is "like your hat". Really helps the confidence... :-/

Auburn said:
I certainly do not feel beautiful. Not physically, I'm nothing special to look at, but I am a good person, and hope that maybe that shines through so I'm not ugly. I agree with the above, that you have to feel it to believe it, and I think that is a self-confidence thing.

As for compliments from the other half, I've grown used to the fact that it ain't gonna happen. In over two years, the nearest I've got is "like your hat". Really helps the confidence... :-/

I have to chime in on this one too...
All too often I don't feel beautiful...and this is usually te reason why i stop a diet too soon...I believe I am afraid of who is hidden under this fat suit...

Back