Becky's Diet Diary

I stopped smoking a year ago so know what you're going through! Stay strong!

I'm hoping the fact that I'm so stubborn will see me through as I refuse to give in! !!

Going to aim to do a couple of fasting days each week to try and balance out the biscuits! !!

I have done 5:2 in the past but used it as a free pass to eat total junk on non fast days so it didn't work!

I think I am in better control of my eating now so I am in a better place to do it. ... aiming for 600 on fast days and then my usual 1200 on normal days but if i end up at 1500 occasionally I won't beat myself up over it. ...

Will normally aim to fast Mondays and Thursdays as they would work best for me. ... This week though will be Tuesday and Friday. ...a because it's too late to do it today and b- because I'm out for lunch on Thursday! !!!!

I'm toying with the idea of 5:2 at the moment too. I did it before and had good intentions for the first couple of weeks then was exactly the same as you and ended up eating too much crap on the non-fast days and it didn't work for me. Good luck with your fast days :)

I'm toying with the idea of 5:2 at the moment too. I did it before and had good intentions for the first couple of weeks then was exactly the same as you and ended up eating too much crap on the non-fast days and it didn't work for me. Good luck with your fast days :)

going to aim to have a fast day today. .. In the past I would usually have a take away or go out the following day and binge. ...I can't afford to do that now and have mostly healthy food at home!

I've really got my head around cc'ing now too so I think I'll be able to stay sensible on non fast days. ... If I see myself straying I'll go back to straight cc 7 days a week. ....

Hi, come over to CC to see how everyone is getting on as im usually in SW section but been doing 5:2 since November, its going really well, ive only lost 5lb since November but I havent got much to lose now anyway (currently 8st 13lb my ideal weight is 8st 8-10lb I think? Quite happy with where im at though, although need to tone!)

Recently trying to switch to 1300 cals but its proving difficult lol, I do prefer 1600 and 500 on fast days!

Good luck with your fast day. What do you have planned?? Make sure you drink loads of water, I had horrendous headaches the first few fast days I did x

I aim for 1200 calories a day normally but struggle to hit that 90% of the time!

I have a 280 calorie microwave dinner for lunch then will fill up on porridge later. ...The oat so simple microwave packs are only around 100 cals when made with water (which is how I usually make them) so I could have two of them.

Not really hungry at all this morning so hoping I can hold off till 12 before I eat...

I'm a big water drinker... usually around 3 litres a day. ... I'm sure that's what's helped me stick to a diet for so long! !!

on my fourth cup of peppermint tea now! !!!

day 15

trying a fast day today. ... so far so good, have been tied up in meetings all morning which had kept my mind off food :)

breakfast : none
lunch : braised beef with root vegetable mash (265 calories)
dinner : baked potato with a teaspoon of pickle (250 calories)

cadbury highlight (38 calories)

brings me to just over 550 for the day :)
exercise day 8/100 - 30 day shred

Last edited:
Are you watching your carb intake on your fasting days? The what diets right for you program was really informative as to why the fasting diet works but it also said you need to avoid carbs on those days.

I've been chatting to a few people at work about it today and they've said people they know who do the diet have said the fasting days get easier once you're used to it - it's the bit that worries me because I'm very cranky when I'm hungry lol! I hope it goes well for you and I might be joining you soon!! x

Are you watching your carb intake on your fasting days? The what diets right for you program was really informative as to why the fasting diet works but it also said you need to avoid carbs on those days.

I've been chatting to a few people at work about it today and they've said people they know who do the diet have said the fasting days get easier once you're used to it - it's the bit that worries me because I'm very cranky when I'm hungry lol! I hope it goes well for you and I might be joining you soon!! x

I wasn't planning to. ...I'm sure when I did 5:2 before it wasn't necessary. ... I expect it is a lot to do with protein keeping you fuller for longer than carbs.... I don't eat a lot of bread or pasta anyway but my porridge later will be high in carbs... I'll see how it goes and what difference it makes to my losses. ... I ate my lunch with a teaspoon to make it last longer! !! Full up now, this evening will be hard but I still have 235 calories to play with if I aim for 500....

The bit about carbs is to because the body turns carbs to sugar and then feeds from this sugar instead of the body fat and then they were talking about the body going into ketosis - there was a lot to take in from one program. I'm going to look on line for some guidelines before I start and plan some daily meals for 500cals but I think I'll give it a go if it doesn't suit I'll switch back to my calorie counting. I hope you're not too hungry tonight! x

ahh right. .. I'll have to dig out my 5:2 book and have a quick refresher on it!

I'm always digging out my 5:2 book!

The bit about carbs is to because the body turns carbs to sugar and then feeds from this sugar instead of the body fat and then they were talking about the body going into ketosis - there was a lot to take in from one program. I'm going to look on line for some guidelines before I start and plan some daily meals for 500cals but I think I'll give it a go if it doesn't suit I'll switch back to my calorie counting. I hope you're not too hungry tonight! x

just had a look in the book. ... It says to avoid starchy white carbs such as pasta, bread and potato (perhaps a baked potato for dinner was not the best idea) but things like Brown rice, quinoa, porridge is ok as they are slow burn so keep you fuller for longer. ...

I thought I had posted on your diary yesterday morning - must have put it on the wrong one.

Well done on giving up the smoking - I did it years ago and it really is the best thing I did (well as well as losing weight :) ) and it is hard, no getting away from it. We had a pub at the time and my OH thinks it is because we had a nicotine fix every day we got through it.
I could not do the 5/2 diet as I would give in on the low days and then have too much on the other 5 :eek:
Time for my morning indoor walk - doing this Boot Camp thing is working but a lot of exercise.

I thought I had posted on your diary yesterday morning - must have put it on the wrong one.

Well done on giving up the smoking - I did it years ago and it really is the best thing I did (well as well as losing weight :) ) and it is hard, no getting away from it. We had a pub at the time and my OH thinks it is because we had a nicotine fix every day we got through it.
I could not do the 5/2 diet as I would give in on the low days and then have too much on the other 5 :eek:
Time for my morning indoor walk - doing this Boot Camp thing is working but a lot of exercise.

I'm almost a week through it now so I think I've passed the hardest part now!

yesterday was ok on 5:2 although the exercise was probably a bit too much! I just have to be careful not to overeat today!

day 16

back to eating normally today, I have to be careful to not overeat as this was always my downfall with 5:2 in the past.

pub for lunch which will be difficult, but gym tonight to balance it out. ... aiming for 1200 calories today. ... This may creep up to 1500 when I know what I'm having for lunch!

breakfast : porridge
snack : melon and grapes and a nutri-grain bar
lunch: chicken tikka wrap
afternoon: cadbury highlight
dinner : cottage pie with veg

exercise day 9/100 - 30 minutes on the treadmill, 25 minutes on the cross trainer and then a 10 minute cool down on the bike.

Last edited:
Well done for your fast day :) did you find it difficult or was it ok? I'm doing rubbish on the exercise front recently!!

If your doing 5:2 you should be having more than your usual cals on normal days...search the fast diet in google and they have a calculator based on weight and height etc to determine how many cals you should be having x

Back