Becky's Diet Diary

If your doing 5:2 you should be having more than your usual cals on normal days...search the fast diet in google and they have a calculator based on weight and height etc to determine how many cals you should be having x

I'm trying to make up for the biscuit binge I had over the weekend this week so my cals for the week average out at 1200 consumed per day (even with the 500 day bringing it down) normally I will eat more on non fast days than I am today so that my weekly average is right!

I should have 1500 on non fast days so with the 2 fast days I'll average at 1200 per day over the week :)

Last edited:
Well done for your fast day :) did you find it difficult or was it ok? I'm doing rubbish on the exercise front recently!!

it wasn't as bad as I was expecting as I had a really busy morning at work so I didn't think about food till about 11.30 then held off till lunch time :) I was in bed at 8 though watching a film to keep me out of the kitchen! I think doing 30 day shred on a fast day was a bad idea! I'm going to look on you tube for a 30 minute yoga program to do on my fast days going forward!

I was struggling to get back into diet and exercise after Christmas. ... part of that was because the gym is really busy and it was doing my head in. ... I've mixed it up with a few dvds at home now though. ... I have to tell myself off and make myself do the thirty minutes some days but once I start I get into it... If I'm really struggling for motivation I have a couple of caffeine tablets (I don't drink tea or coffee) to give me a little energy boost :O

I can't do the shred! I'm not a jumping around out of breath type of person :D I have invested in some winter bib tights and a jacket for cycling which arrived today so once the snow has gone I can get out on my road bike. Just need the motivation... Look up yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. I find her videos the best :)

I can't do the shred! I'm not a jumping around out of breath type of person :D I have invested in some winter bib tights and a jacket for cycling which arrived today so once the snow has gone I can get out on my road bike. Just need the motivation... Look up yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. I find her videos the best :)

I am not really fit enough for the jumping around to be fair. ... getting there slowly!

cycling is a fantastic way to get in shape :) my bike lives in the garage because I can never bring myself to get on it! I used to bike to and from work everyday which is 5 miles each way and lost loads of weight from it. ..I keep saying I'll start again but keep finding excuses not to!

I'll have a look at the yoga videos. .. Thanks x Will have to be tomorrow now as left my laptop at work!

day 17

weigh in this morning and 2.6lbs down, I'm really pleased with this, especially after the weekend! I'm deffo going to keep on with the fast days as I'm sure this gave me a boost :-D

breakfast : porridge
lunch : pub lunch - all day breakfast and half a chocolate brownie
dinner: crustless cheese and ham quiche. ... Wasn't really fussed about dinner but fasting tomorrow and I know if I ditched dinner tonight there's no way I'd manage my fast tomorrow!

evening: cadbury highlight

exercise day 10/100 - 30 day shred

Last edited:
day 18

fasting today so no food until lunchtime. ... which means a morning of meetings to keep me from clock watching! !!

plan for today is:

lunch: ww cottage pie (199 cals) and fruit (96 cals)
dinner : potato and egg salad (153 cals) and fruit (54 cals)

total for the day 502 :-D

exercise day 11 - 30 minute walk

Last edited:
Well done on the loss! Hope today goes quickly for you xx

it was a battle getting to lunch time but I'm full for now! Will exercise when I get home as that always puts me off food then will hold off on dinner until as late as poss! Will have to find a good film to watch tonight to distract myself! !!

day 19

breakfast : bacon and cheese quiche
snack : fruit salad and an oats so simple golden syrup bar
lunch: baked potato with beans
snack: melon and grapes
dinner: chilli with rice

exercise day 12 - 30 day shred

Last edited:
Well done with the weight loss - that was a good one. :clap::clap::clap:

Well done with the weight loss - that was a good one. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks :) , I've ordered myself some size 12 jeans this week. ...I doubt they'll fit just yet but I'm determined that they will do soon :-D

day 20

breakfast : porridge
snack : oat so simple bar
lunch: Ham and egg salad with 3 slices of baguette. meringue nest with lemon yogurt.
snack: 1 square of chocolate and 2 ginger snaps
dinner: chicken arrabiata

evening: cadbury highlight

exercise day 13 - 30 day shred, 1 hour on the treadmill, 25 minutes on the cross trainer and then a 10 minute cool down on the bike

Last edited:
I feel like I've eaten loads over the last two days. .. my calories have come in below 1500 both days (not taking exercise into account) and with my fast days this averages out to 1200 per day. ....

I feel like I'm eating too much though and I find exercise on fast days really hard. .. even if it's just a walk, then the day after fasting all I want to do is eat!

I'm planning a fast day tomorrow but if I get to my weigh day on Thursday and I haven't lost then I will probably just go back to my 1200 per day which I found easy to manage. ......

You can do it blubex :)

You should be fine when you are averaging 1200 a day and not eating back the exercise cals. I walked 12 miles today and was absolutely starving by 5pm and we were not eating until 7 so faffing about with a slice of toast - shall I eat it etc and decided I would then felt guilty for ages. Looked at MFP and I had earned almost 1000 today so then wanted to eat another. :)

day 21

Thanks for that. .. so this morning I had a peek on the scales (I know I shouldn't) and am showing a 1lb loss. ... normally after a weekend like I've had id be sts and have to work hard for my loss in the week so fingers crossed it is working! !!

fast day today so this is the plan:

breakfast : porridge (115)
lunch : potato and egg salad (154)
afternoon: cadbury highlight (38 )
dinner : weight watchers cottage pie (199)

total for day - 506

may end up having a cadbury highlight on top of that.

exercise day 14 - walk 1 hour

Last edited:
Have been running around all day dealing with problems at work so now have a massive headache a I've not had enough water :'(

might change my dinner for something else when I get home as not sure if I fancy a baked potato now. .....

Dinner changed to weight watchers cottage pie so edited above post. ...

Back